Chapter 182 - In a sandbox in the entropy

Nezu and Midoriya both sat in silence in the Principal's office as they ate their udon. Neither of them were in the mood to remain outside the confines of UA's gates, so Nezu just ordered their lunch as takeaways, and they brought their lunch back to UA.

Reiko just curled up on the couch, gazing between Midoriya and Nezu, as Ryuto sat on the small table and preened himself.

Sitting comfortably on his couch, Nezu just chewed his meal slowly, and swallowed some udon, before he looked up at Midoriya, only to notice that the boy was just sitting there quietly, his bowl of udon resting on his lap.

"Izuku? Are you alright?" Nezu asked, "You seem a little... upset..."

Midoriya blinked, and looked up, turning to Nezu in slight surprise, before he looked back down again.

"I'm... fine..." Midoriya muttered softly, before he picked up his chopsticks and ate a few of his noodles.

"Are you still thinking about what you said to the President of the Hero Commission?" Nezu asked, and Midoriya glanced at the animal principal, and nodded slowly. He still wasn't too sure if he had given her a good answer; sure, he might have told her the truth, but in a society that puts so much emphasis on quirks, there was a pretty good chance that he just could just screw up his entire future.

"I wouldn't worry about it so much. You gave her a very logical response. And Migawari... she is a reasonable person... compared to some of the others who work for the Hero Public Safety Commission, all things considered. She isn't one to act on biases." Nezu placed his noodles on the table, and carefully placed his chopsticks on the bowl.

He had originally been mad when he heard that she wanted to pull Midoriya out of the Hero Course, but apparently, she just said that to see the reactions of the heroes who have interacted with him, and gauge the impact that the small greenette has made due to his unique status. She had absolutely no intention of pulling Midoriya out of the Hero Course on the basis that he didn't have a quirk, nor was she pinning the supposed "weakening" of heroes on the boy in the first place, but still, Nezu was kind of pissed over the entire "logical ruse" thing she had pulled.

"Miga... wari?" Midoriya tilted his head slightly, and Nezu grinned, winking at the greenette, "That's the name of the Hero Commission President. Don't tell anyone I'm telling you about this. This is supposed to be top secret matters."

Nezu turned serious again.

"She isn't one who is too hung up on quirks. I had always wanted to open UA up to quirkless students, but the president before her constantly denied my requests. Migawari was the one who gave me permission to instate the new rules regarding quirkless students." Nezu continued, "After all... Migawari had to step into the President position only a couple of years ago, right after one of our own top heroes killed a colleague during a dispute, and ended up becoming a villain. She said that the previous President retired... but I'm still not too convinced about that."

"Our society is far from perfect." Nezu admitted, leaning back onto the couch, "There is a reason why villains like All for One aren't talked about; why certain events and battles are covered up by the Hero Commission. Things like that can shake our entire society. There are events that even I'm not privy to, as important as they are as learning opportunities to ensure that we can operate smoothly as heroes."

Nezu could tell that Midoriya was still curious about everything, and he decided to give the boy more information.

"The Hero Commission was created only a couple decades ago. Quirks may have existed for two centuries, but we still don't have a lot of experience in regulating quirks." Nezu glanced at Midoriya, "People were still reeling from the war with the Meta Liberation Army, who operated on the philosophy that people have the right to freely use their quirks however they like, the government was trying to restrict Quirk usage because of the damage quirks could cause to a society that didn't have a proper way of training people to use their powers. And even before the war, there were people like All for One, who were using their quirks for illegal purposes and forming teams to further boost their strength."