(3) Training W/ Nyx

~Nyx x Reader~

     You quietly stood behind a pillar as you tried catching your breath. Peeking over your shoulder, you saw that the area ahead was empty. He wasn't there. You faced forward again and held one of your daggers in front of your chest. This was probably your best chance. Without a second thought, you threw the blade into the air above the training grounds. Little did you know this was a mistake.

     Just as you teleported to your dagger, another one was tossed into the air next to yours. When you reappeared with the dagger in hand, your (eye color) eyes were met with striking blue ones. You gasped at the sight of him then threw the small blade towards the floor. Nyx followed your actions which led to the both of you teleporting on the solid ground as metal clashed against metal. Attack after attack was unleashed and deflected in an almost never-ending cycle. Nothing would change and you needed to do something to get the upper hand.

     You quickly blocked his attack as Nyx came at you with both his kukris then shoved him away. Then you threw one of your daggers at his feet. He stood still for a moment and stared between you and the blade which was his mistake. You warped to it then swung your leg out with the plan of tripping him. It caught him off guard as he fell onto his back, but before you could pin him down, he quickly tossed one of his blades somewhere behind you.

     In the blink of an eye, Nyx warped out of your vision as you lunged at him. You stood for a moment and as you turned around, you felt something shove you into the ground with your arms pinned behind your back as your daggers had fallen to the floor with a clang.

     "Nice try, Baby, but you lose." a familiar husky voice whispered in your ear while sending shivers down your spine.

"It was just luck, Sweetheart, trust me," you replied back with a smirk. Nyx chuckled as he got up and reached out a hand to you. You took it then he pulled you up. As you dusted yourself off, Nyx lightly lifted your chin and kissed your cheek.

     "You've gotten better than when you first joined. I'm impressed," he said then wrapped his strong arms around your waist pulling you closer. You smiled then loosely wrapped your arms around his neck.

    "Well, I have a great teacher," you said with the sentence being almost a whisper. Nyx softly smirked as he rested his forehead on yours and said, "I bet he is." As the two of you started to slowly lean in, voices could be heard near the steps of the training grounds.

     "Hey, no making love on the battlefield! A Behemoth could've killed you by now!" Crowe shouted from the stairs as Libertus stood beside her. You and Nyx stopped then turned to look at her as he groaned.

     "Way to ruin it guys!" he shouted back with a smile as the two of you separated but held hands.

     "Sorry, corpses can't speak!" Libertus replied as you walked over. You softly laughed as the four of you grouped together to head out to a bar or restaurant with a few others from the Glaive. As most of them drank a little too much or stuffed their faces with bad food, you pulled Nyx to the side and kissed him on the cheek. He gave a surprised expression.

     "What was that for?" he asked with a slight chuckle. You returned it with a smile and said, "Think of it as a reward for today." This caused him to smirk.

     "I think I can get used to that," Nyx whispered leaning in a bit closer. You lightly smacked him on the shoulder and said, "In your dreams, Hero."