(1) Morning Routine

~Noctis x reader x Nyx~

     The ringing of your alarm awoke you early that morning as a signal it was time to work. You groaned then rolled to the side to turn it off. It was a struggle, but you eventually turned the sound off as your phone landed on the floor. You sat up then rubbed your tired eyes and adjusted to the faint light that poured from between your curtains. The sound of your phone vibrating was what made you get out of bed.

     "I'm up, I'm up," you mumbled at the device. With slow movements, you picked it up then checked what was making your phone react. A missed call. You placed the device on your bed then stood up to stretch. If the call was important, they would try again or find you in person. With a deep breath, you felt your body was starting to wake up. You turned and checked the clock.

     "Time for work," you said then rushed to shower. It didn't take long for you to put on your Glaive uniform and leave your small apartment. Only a few minutes later were you on the streets heading to the skyscraper at the center of town. The Citadel. You worked there as a babysitter for the prince himself. Well, the formal name was bodyguard or supervisor, but you didn't see it that way. You were one of the Kingsglaive and yet, when nothing big came up, you were always moved back into a position at the Citadel where nothing would ever happen unless -

     "Hey there, Gorgeous." someone said behind you. You instantly recognized the voice and turned around in a flash to meet a familiar grin.

     "Hey, Handsome," you replied while waiting for Nyx Ulric to catch up.

    "Off to work I see," he stated as the two of you walked together. You nodded.

     "What are you doing on your day off?" you asked. He slightly smirked and said, "I was just taking a walk when I caught sight of a goddess that I just had to say hello to," You felt your cheeks turn pink as you tried to hide your face. His compliments always found a way to make you smile.

     "Hey, don't hide that smile. It took me forever to come up with that and I can't miss out on the reward," he said trying to see your face. You started to laugh while swatting him away. He laughed too then gave you your space back.

     "So the Hero can do more than just save lives. And I almost thought you were a lost cause," you said. Nyx made a motion as if he was shot then fell on his knees.

     "Your words sting, (y/n). But, since you were wondering, I can do a lot more than save lives," he said with a wink. You blushed then started to walk off as you heard him laughing.

     "So, going to visit Your Prince today?" he asked after a moment. You felt goosebumps when he mentioned the Lucian Prince as 'Your Prince'.

     "Not visit. I work there remember?" you responded while trying to hide the fuzzy feeling you had at the mention of Prince Noctis.

     "Right, and I work in the Kingsglaive for the money," Nyx commented. Unknown to you, the man was a bit jealous that he couldn't see you as much as he used to since you were forced to work as the Prince's personal guard.

     "Hey, don't worry. If something big comes up, the Captain will let me rejoin the forces. Then it's back to me saving your ass." you teased while lightly shoving him out of his thoughts. Nyx scoffed at that since it was true. You were one of the few people he owed for the miraculous rescues that occurred.

     "That's if I don't beat you to it. Remember, I'm the hero around here." he gloated while pointing at himself. You scoffed that time as the two of you stopped at the Citadel gates.

     "Well, if it isn't too late to ask, would you kindly join me for a drink later tonight?" Nyx asked with a polite bow. You softly smiled and nodded. He returned the gesture then placed a small kiss on your hand causing you to feel flustered.

     "Until tonight then. Just don't spend too much time smooching with the Prince!" he shouted while heading back the way he came. Your face turned red from his words, but it was a mixture of embarrassment and anger since other people heard. You quickly regained your composure then entered the large structure. As you made your way through the halls, you greeted many of the soldiers or maids that passed you by while looking for where you were supposed to be positioned at. This was probably the hardest part of your job since it was never in the same spot. While lost in your thoughts, you turned a corner and bumped into someone.

     "My apologies, I wasn't - !" you started, but realized that you ran into the one person you were just speaking about as they stood before you.

     "Prince Noctis! I apologize, Your Highness. I wasn't watching where I was going." you said while taking a bow. Noctis stood awkwardly for a moment then said, "It's alright, (y/n). I - I must apologize as well. And I told you to just call me Noctis or Noct." You stood up straight then lightly shook your head.

     "Sorry, but I'm pretty sure I could get in trouble if I called you by your first name only," you responded with a grin that caught his blue eyes. He returned the smile.

     "Well, they could talk to me if there's a problem with it. So, what made you space out?" Noctis asked as the two of you walked down the hall.

     "Wondering where you were at mostly," you answered as you walked beside him. You noticed a slight smirk on his face from your words.

     "Miss me that much?" he asked. You quickly elbowed him as you tried to hide the embarrassment on your face and said, "In your dreams, Noct." He chuckled at your reaction before his expression saddened.

     "I heard that you won't be watching over me today," he stated as his steps slowed. You nodded. The Lucian prince had many people to watch over him so there was no need for you to be the one to do it every day.

     "Do you know if you'll be posted here again?" he asked giving you a sidelong glance. You shrugged your shoulders.

     "I'm certain I'll only return if I am needed again. That's why I was sent here in the first place," you replied.

     "R-right," Noctis said then a moment of silence washed over. It usually wasn't like this between the two of you, but the fact of knowing this could be one of the last times he would ever see you made him feel disappointed.

     "Well, it was a fun journey looking after you, Your Highness." you decided to say. In all honesty, you did enjoy the company of the young Lucian Prince.

     "Then why don't you stay?" he asked while stopping in his tracks. You paused with him as your eyes grew wide from surprise before you looked down at your feet.

     "I'm sorry, Noctis. Being part of the Kingsglaive is something I love. I couldn't leave it behind by being a bodyguard save inside the city walls as others fight for their lives." you answered. He nodded in understanding.

     "Then visit. Please. I......I want to see you again." Noctis said shyly feeling embarrassed by what he said. You stared at him for a moment then smiled.

     "I can arrange that. If that is what the Prince asks," you said. He smiled and nodded. You pulled out a piece of paper and a pen then wrote down a note.

     "My number and address are on here. You can contact me anytime. Except for tonight. That's been booked." you told him while handing him the paper. He nodded while placing it in his pocket. Then a man called for Noctis from the other side of the hall.

     "Alright. Later then?" he asked. You nodded as the two of you brightly grinned at each other. The man in the hall called for Noctis again.

     "Well, have a nice morning, (y/n)."

     "And a good morning to you as well, Noctis."