Chapter Five: Luna

"Lukas James Darken! What in the world were you thinking?! For starters, we are grounded! Second of all, that's a werewolf! We are sworn enemies! If Dad ever found out, he would burn you to the ground, and dance on your ashes! I'm not exaggerating! Well, maybe a little, but that's not the point! This is so wrong!" I think she's stopped because she needed air. She was furious.

"We haven't done anything wrong! The law says you may be friends with other species!" Luke said defensibly.

"Friends! Not girlfriends!" She spat.

"You can't tell me what to do! You're fifteen, and I'm eighteen!" This Victoria chick literary stated crying.

"I've been responsible for caring for this family ever since I was born! I cook meals, watch Callie, grow crops, catch food and so much more! I do everything for this family and I've never been thanked! Now you put both of our kingdoms at risk with this little mutt!"

"Oh girl, you did not just go there you long-haired she-devil." I snorted.

"What did you call me?"

"Aren't vampires 'post to have great hearing? I called you a long-hair she-devil." I said.

"Ladies, ladies your both wonderful additions to my life. Can't we all get along?" Luck asked sweetly

"NO!" We both said. I phased and she fanged out.

"Whoa! I'll go get the Council right now! Victoria, go home. I'll be home in five minutes or you can drag me home. Luna, come over here." Luck said. Victoria ran home reluctantly. "Who was that?" Please let that be his sister and not a crazy girl in love with him. I thought.

"No she defiantly does NOT love me in that way" He said with a laugh.

"How did you know what I was thinking?" I asked, honestly a little curious.
"Wait didn't I tell you I can read minds?" The smile suddenly went off his face.

"No, you didn't. Wait, so you have read
everyone of my thoughts?" I asked.

"Yes..."

"Oh crap."

"No, no, no, it's not like that. It's harder to see thoughts you really wouldn't want to say out loud, so I don't pay attention to those."

"I believe you." I thought hard with all my head I didn't want this to be seen; I'll alway believe you.

So the next morning Darren asked me to pull an all-nighter. Some vampire has apparently been stealing food from the pack.

Luke, if you can hear me, don't come tonight. I'll explain later. Just. Don't. Come. I thought.

That night, after I tucked Kylie into bed, I started to walk along the edge of our packs' territory. Werewolves, in general, have a good size of the island and separate packs inhabit that space, although some live in small apartments while their 'starting their family'. Even though it wasn't midnight yet I went to "our spot:" no Luke. Sighing with relief I continued to walk on the patrol. Since it rained this afternoon, the sky had a misty haze to it and the grass had cold dew on it.

If I had to make an estimate, I would guess it was 12:45. Being cautious, I decided to check the tree, (our spot), then I would wait a couple hours in a bush until dawn, then wake up Kylie to watch and I'd take a nap.

Darren caught up with me as I was nearing the tree. My stomach started turning. The fact I had no idea where Luke was scaring the heck out of me.

"Anything suspicious?" He asked me.

"Nothing but a mie getting a little close to the border. He was lost."

"M'kay. What'd he look like? I want to make he doesn't come back for trouble."

"White, kinda looked bluish around the face."

"Alright."

We walked in silence. It has started to fog up around, and Darren doesn't have the best nose, so we just walked past the tree. I couldn't get close enough to see if he was there or not. That really scared me.

I started to think about him. He thinks I'm beautiful, even when I'm not. We waked across the beach once. He smiled and just held my hand, just up to our ankles in water. He stopped, turned around, then kissed me. My first kiss, and it was magical. It stated slow, then sped up just a little. I didn't want to stop. Sadly, a wave decided it shouldn't. As an insult to injury, I was on one foot when I fell. We just laughed. I went home wet and happy.

"Luna. Luna? Earth to Luna?" Darren said."

"Oh, yeah?" I guess I zoned of.

"I was just wondering if you'd like to go out with me?" He said.

I think my heart skipped a beat. I had to make something up fast. I used something I thought when I first started dating Luke.

"Darren, I can't be in a relationship and be a mom to Kylie at the same time. I just can't."

"Never mind. Sorry I asked. I won't hold this against you or anything."

Awkward silence.

I guess that could have went better.

><><><><><><><><><><><><><
Will Luke get caught?
Did he listen to Luna?
Will their love last?

Questions to be answered soon!
Picture on top is Victoria.