Chapter One: Victoria

"Victoria I swear if you are not down her in one minute I will leave you!"
Sheesh, lady. I'm trying to wake up. I thought. I grabbed a hair tie and bolted.
I jumped into our wagon and we took off.
"Victoria, what took you so long?" Callie asked.
"Hungover." I sighed as I started to braid my the colored pieces of my strait hair.
"I told you ten times, one more day, one more day, one more day!" My mother was being awfully cruel this morning.
"Don't you think if I could have helped it I would have?" I groaned. "And Luke is the exact same, so don't blame me." I gestured to Luke, who was either asleep or passed out.
"Quit! It's trading day, no less. You forget all the nonsense and wake him up." My father usually settled these arguments. We go up to the Council Kingdom once month to trade our goods and coins for other supplies we can't get in our territory. This is going to be a really long day. I thought.
My father passed the Grassland Kingdom first. Werewolves are not my favorite people to talk to. Even though I loved out island, it would be better if it was just us. We had two deer and some crops from our garden in the back. We needed, obviously, more blood and some seaweed. I yanked Luke so hard it would have flung a bottle fifty feet in the air.
"I'm up! Sheesh, Victoria, I'm as hungover a you are. Worst, even." He growled. He grabbed my hair, which he knows I hate more than anything, and attempted to yank some of it out. "Screech! Mom! He's got my hair! He's got my hair!"
"Lukas! You know that's not right! That's her hair, her power. NOT YOURS!" Despite being crabby, my mother was smart at the most important times.
"Whatever." He murmured. I was tried to fix the braid, but ended up stating to redo it. I glared at Luke. My hair is mostly read, with three colors, (right red, middle white, and left black, in a braid so it looked mixed) was the center of my power. I can read the Earth to tell what's coming or going, able to sometimes see the future. It also could turn plain water into brandy, which is helpful if you're a vampire.
As we pulled up to the trading station, I jumped out of the car. I need a drink. I thought. But I had to watch Callie, and if I even had changed water, Mom would kill me.
"Hold my hand," I said to Callie. "You too." I said to Luke. He was following some witch chick. He just dodged a bullet. Easy on the eyes but you'll get your heart broken or you'll be killed, fore you cannot marry outside your own kingdom. I just had to ask.
"What was she thinking?" Luke can read minds.
"Something about hoping someone will buy a hair-care potion. It works really well, but no ones buying." He had me at 'hair-care' I staring walking that way. Luke was right behind me.
"That way, Sherlock." He pointed in the other direction. We walked past the girl. She had carmel skin with green eyes. She wore an older witch's outfit. She had a sad, tired look in her eyes.
"How much? I asked. Her face lit up.
"Three nops." She said.
"Hold up," Luke said. "You and I both know you don't have any money." Well, technically a had one nop, but that wasn't going to cut it.
"Baby sister?" I begged. Callie sighed. Out of Callie's hand, silvery little specks glistened in the light. She grabbed a jar off the counter, shook it, then said, "Two nops." She whispered. She can take thin air and conjure it into almost anything, but it drains her. There were a few sparkles left in jar, but she didn't care. She then handed the jar back to the witch.
"How. Did. She. Do. That. ?" The witch asked.
"M. A. G. I. C. We're vampires, if you couldn't tell. What's your name?"
"Ivory" She said, "How old are your guys? In human years?"
"We age until we choose to stop aging. I'm fifteen, she's nine, and he's eighteen."
"I'm almost fifteen, and I live alone."
"That sucks. Where's your family?" She was choking back a sob.
"Died when I was little."
"Oh no!" Callie stated to hug Ivory. They were both crying now. I just rolled my eyes. When it came to traits, Luke's easily agitated, Callie's overly kind, and I'm clever.
So we stared talking back and forth a little bit and before we knew it the Sun was setting.
"Victoria, unless you want to walk home, we're gotta go." Luke said. He really is a pain.
"Okay, let's go. You, too, Ivory." I said.