Chapter 7

He had felt it, a shift in the force, and he immediately knew what it was. A single tear rolled down his cheek as he realized that he had lost his best friend, his sister. He regretted sending her on the mission. He had known this was going to happen, but he was blinded by power and anger, and had ended up losing her. He had now lost everyone, the Jedi, the love of his life, his children, his brother, and now... Ahsoka. He was truly alone.

"AHHHH!" He screamed, sending a shockwave of the force through the room. Things went flying all over the place, tables fell, chairs were sent across the room, but a single thing caught Vader's eye in the madness. There, sitting on the floor, was a a length of silver beads held together by a string. He walked over to them and knelt down to pick them up. Clutching them in his hand, he allowed another tear to escape his eye, as he realized this was the last piece of her that he had left.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahsoka awoke with a start. She didn't know where she was. She wasn't on her ship, or in her quarters on Mustafar. She began to panic and tried to get up, but then felt something around her waist restricting her. Turning around, she saw Lux's face, and her heart melted. The memories of the last night came rushing back to her and she smiled.

She turned around to face Lux and snuggled in closer to him. She planted a kiss on his cheek, and watched as his eyes started to slowly open. Upon seeing her bright blue eyes staring back at him, he smiled and kissed her forehead.

"Good morning 'Soka," he mumbled.

"Morning Luxy," she purred.

"It's good to have you back," he smiled, but it quickly faded.

"Lux, what's wrong?" Ahsoka asked worriedly.

He sighed. "It's just... this all feels so surreal. I thought you were dead, but now you're here. This is real right? No bullshit? You're not just trying to get close to me so you can kill me when I have my guard down?"

Ahsoka was hurt upon hearing this, and it showed on her face. His skepticism wasn't unwarranted, however. Sure she had tried to kill him just last night, but she would never dream of doing it now. She was grateful, for he had brought her back. He had destroyed the darkness that enslaved her and brought back the light.

"Lux," she said softly, "I know I tried to kill you, but that's not me anymore, you made sure of that. I am eternally in your debt for what you have done for me. I can see clearly now for the first time in a long time, and it's all thanks to you."

"That's all I needed to hear," he said just before he planted a quick, soft kiss on her lips. He got up from the bed. "Now," he started, "it's breakfast time, so get up and get changed."

For the first time Ahsoka realized she was still in her same t-shirt and leggings from the previous day. "Uhhhh... bit of a problem there. These are the only clothes I brought with me."

"Well now why would you do that?" He asked, hands on hips.

"Well... the plan was only to be here for a day because..." she stopped, the pain evident on her face. Tears were starting to form in her eyes as she started to remember why she had come her in the first place. 

Lux rushed over to the bed and pulled her into a tight embrace, and she began to sob into his shirt. He just moved his hand in a circular motion on her back, attempting to calm her down.

"Lux... I almost killed you! I'm such a terrible person! I don't know how you can even say you love me after all I've done!" She said, still sobbing.

"Like this: I love you Ahsoka Tano," he said smirking. "Ahsoka, look. I told you I forgive you. That wasn't really you that came here last night. I don't know what that was, but I know it was not who you are. That was a form of you that had been twisted and manipulated by the dark side."

Ahsoka smiled at him, but only for a second. "But Lux, you don't understand. I willingly joined Anakin on the dark side. I helped and watched him kill  Obi-Wan, the man that was like a father to me. I willingly killed all those Jedi and innocent people, and it gave me pleasure." She was now standing, facing away from him and looking out the window. 

"Ahsoka, I know what you've done, but you can get past this and redeem yourself! These last five years don't have to define your legacy. It is up to you how you will be remembered." Lux said, walking over next to Ahsoka. He grabbed her hand and gave it a gentle squeeze.

Ahsoka smiled, this time for real. "You always know just what to say to make me happy again." She reached up on her tip toes and planted a soft kiss on his cheek. He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her in for a kiss. They parted, and Ahsoka leaned her head on his shoulder. The pair just looked out the window at the landscape of Onderon.

"It really is beautiful, isn't it?" Ahsoka asked calmly.

"Not as beautiful as you," Lux replied.

Ahsoka rolled her eyes and giggled. "Thank you Mr. Cliche."

"Hey! I was just trying to give you a complement," he pouted. This just made her giggle more.

They stood there for a few more moments in peace and quiet, until they heard a low rumble. Ahsoka's lekku darkened. "Seems I'm a bit hungry," she said embarrassedly.

Lux chuckled. "Well then, let's go have some breakfast shall we?"

He grabbed Ahsoka's wrist and pulled her down to the dining room. She laughed the entire way, causing him to as well. Wow, her laugh is so intoxicating, he thought. They reached the dining room to see that breakfast had already been set out for them.

"Looks amazing," Ahsoka said drooling.

Lux laughed. "Dig in."

Ahsoka didn't hesitate to load her plate up and stuff her mouth with the delicious food. Lux just looked at her smiling. Everything she does is beautiful, I can't believe I've finally got her back.

Ahsoka noticed Lux staring at her. "What's wrong? Do I have something on my face?"

"Yes," Lux said. Ahsoka began wiping off her face profusely, trying to get whatever Lux was referring to off. Lux just started laughing.

"What's so funny mister?" She asked.

"What's on your face isn't something you can wipe off. It's your beauty that I was staring at."

Ahsoka blushed and turned away from him. He grabbed her hand from under the table. She turned to him and kissed him on the cheek. They finished their breakfast all while holding each other's hand. 

After they had finished Ahsoka turned to Lux. "So, what should we do the rest of the day?"

"Well... you said you don't have a change of clothes, so I figured we'd go buy you some."

"You're going to take me... shopping?" She asked, her eyes lighting up. She flung herself at Lux, wrapping her arms around him and planting multiple kisses on his face. "Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!" She said between kisses. "I've never been shopping before!"

"I know, and that's why we're going today," he said smiling. She kissed him on the lips, and he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her onto his lap, deepening the kiss. The two stayed in that position for a few seconds kissing each other passionately. They parted and Ahsoka stood, grabbing Lux's hand and pulling him out of the house. The two laughed the entire way to the store.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I wrote this a few days ago, but I guess I forgot to publish it. Anyways, here it is now!