Chapter 4

The third uninvited guest

« Show yourself if you are brave enough, and then I will give you a taste of my hammer! No one treats Lux in this way! You will pay, and I will not be kind! »

A shorty with blue hair is shouting those words at the news cameras, visibly trying to stand on the tiptoes to be seen. Behind her, there is a girl with pink hair crying on a bench, mumbling words of self-discouragement.

« From being the most feared villains to being threatened on TV, and even by the worst team. » Singed says, seated on Viktor's sofa.

As the inventor has predicted, the scientist followed him home, but he brought Sylas with him, now slumped and bored next to him. Viktor hates that they decided to gather in his garage and watch the television as parasites, knowing that Singed has a bigger house. And because this can not be enough, he also has the noise of Urgot's sewing machine in the background, and it is getting on his nerves.

« You could be more kind. Poor thing, you have wasted her, » Sylas says, speaking to the neo-tailor.

« I have just told her the truth. She will never shine as Ahri, and no one will never do it. Except for Ezreal, but he is a boy. »

Viktor puffs, hearing for the thousandth time that name. If the half-fox has a high rank in his low-tolerance, she does not reach the first place, taken by that brat. He knows it is because of Urgot's blind fanaticism for him, but Ezreal's behaviour as a living god does not help him. Arrogance seems to be a common problem to all the new magic girls, and Viktor would do anything to remove it from them. Once they were annoying, but at least they were more humble and not blinded by stardom. 

He sighs, fixing another point of the small mechanical skeleton; he can not believe he has thought something like that.

« Guys, I think I miss the Guardians, » he confesses.

« Tell me about it. I would give all to have them back, as well as the old glory. Oh, the good old times when threatening to take over the world meant something! »

« Sorry, who? » Sylas asks, confused.

« You are too new in this field. You can not know, » Singed answers to him.

« Curse it, once it was more simple: no cosmic entity, no corrupted and troubled magical girls, no dark powers... » Viktor says, fixing the nest pieces.

« Oi, that stuff is a great resource. Can I remember you how I have used it to create my devotee army and seriously menace this planet? » Sylas argues, turning to the inventor.

« And then you have been sealed and found yourself shooting shining rainbows, » Singed remembers him.

« It is not my fault if those seals do not lock darkness but convert it in light? Jeez, If I had lost my powers, I would have not been humiliated by the others. "Sylas, are you also a Star Guardian now? When will we see your unitard?" »

« If I were you, I would be happy, » Urgot says from his colourful corner of the garage.

The man sighs, touching his head.

« At least I did not end up like him, » he whispers, careful that the fanatic can not hear him.

« And think that he has also dragged Veigar into this, » Viktor says.

« Honestly that has not surprised me, » Singed observes.

Some heavy thumps come from the shutter, and they gain the attention of the presents.