"How was your ride on the plane?"

"It was...nice."

"Vince said to tell you that he's sorry he could only book an economy ticket, it was one of the last ones left and he wanted you home as soon as possible."

An apology over a plane ticket? Sofia wondered how rich her brothers were to think something like that.

"No I didn't mind at all. And...whose Vince?"

His eyebrows were knitted together in confusion.

"You don't remember Vincent? He's our oldest brother, the one who adopted you." Seeing his sister's blank face made Luca frown, did she even know about the rest of them before yesterday?

"Hey Sofia, did you know you had any brothers before?" She shook her head, and his thought was confirmed.

"Right...By the way I'm sorry about Maria's death, this all must be so sudden for you."

"It's fine, I'll get over it." Well that was not the response her brother expected, he thought she would be a lot more upset, so was surprised so see her so nonchalant about it. Luca sensed Sofia wasn't enjoying talking about Maria, so he once again changed the topic.

"You're not much of a talker are you sorella."

"I guess." Sofia noted that her family must be Italian, however was too tired to ask about it.

"It's going to be a long ride so you can sleep and I'll wake you up when we reach."

It was like he read her mind, or just saw the dark circles under her eyes. Sofia simply nodded before drifting off, she was mentally and physically exhausted.

She was woken up with a shake on the shoulder by Luca, who smiled at her before making her get out of the car. Whilst he got her stuff from the boot Sofia had a good stretch and was going to tell her brother that she'd carry her bags. Then she turned to see the house she was going to live in and became speechless.

SHE DIDN'T KNOW THEY WERE THIS RICH!

What the heck, she had only ever seen houses, no mansions, like these in movies and couldn't comprehend that she was now going to live here.

"It's nice isn't it?" Said Luca's voice from behind her, she could only nod.

"I'll give you a tour in a bit, let's just go inside for now."

"I can take my stuff!"

"It's fine Sofi." He winked at his sister, who was still in shock.

As they went inside, Sofia could only begin to imagine how many times she would get lost in this place. Luca led her to the dining room, before going into the kitchen to get some snacks.

"I just need to put your stuff away and call Vince quickly, so just sit here and eat something till I come back, got it?"

"Got it." She mumbled.

Once he left the girl saw what foods he had brought. There were some snacks, and stuff she had never seen before, and at long last she settled on a green apple. Back at her old home she never had enough money for enough nutritious food so she should probably have more of that now.

She was full by the time she finished, and decided to scroll through Instagram to relieve her boredom. Her phone was pretty old and glitched every now and then, though since she used to be poor she didn't really mind.

After waiting for a few more minutes Luca finally came back. He was not happy about how little Sofia ate, and made a mental note to make her have a proper meal later. He had already called Vince, who said he would be home by evening.

"Everyone else is out, so I guess it's just us for the next few hours." 

"Are you going going to give me a tour then?" 

"Yep!"

Luca took Sofia to all the different rooms on the ground floor alone, and she was internally freaking out about how wealthy the family was. Why did her mother leave this life in the first place?

They even had a cinema room, a swimming pool as well as several lounges. Luca was explaining everything with great detail as though she was a child, but Sofia found she did not mind that much. In fact she quite liked hearing his voice, it was soft and caring and most of all it was directed towards her.

At last they reached the front of the house again, and went up a fancy staircase to the first floor where there were only bedrooms. Luca let her glimpse into each of the bedrooms, which were in age order, and he told her the name of the brother each room belonged to.

Vincent's was the biggest, and was classy and elegant, with few decorations but still lavish looking. Though it did look more like an office with a bed at the side.

Luca's room was filled with cooking books, which was apparently his hobby, and like Vincent's room, had a stylish look.

The next one belonged to the third oldest brother called Remo, and she noticed there were notes taped all over the walls and piles of medial books on his desk, he was a doctor so it made sense.

After that, it was Dante's room, and the walls this time had impressive drawings and paintings taped all over. Luca told her he was a part-time tattoo artist, and so had a love for art.

Marco, the older twin, had a gaming chair and a massive TV. Sofia also noted that there was a basketball jersey hung up near his bed, making her assume another one of his interests were sports.

Then it was Rocco's room, which looked more like a library than a bedroom. But what stood out the most was all the clothes and other possessions that completely covered the floor and bed. 

Luca was not impressed and sighed, "I'm gonna make him tidy this pig sty up when he gets home."

The final room, was Sofia's, and she had to admit she was a tad excited to see it. She opened the door to discover a neatly made twin sized bed opposite her, with a desk on the far right and a small corner on the left which had a comfy looking armchair. There was a door on the left side of her room which led to a walk-in closet and the door on the right side had a huge bathroom with essentials already stocked up. The walls were light grey and the windows were massive with curtains of the same colour. There was even a TV!

"I know it looks a bit bare since we took out all your stuff from years ago- I don't think you would want to keep all those toys anyway- but once you decorate the place I'm sure you'll love it."

"I think it looks great already but I'll keep that in mind."

There was a pause before she turned around and looked at Luca in revelation, "wait I used to live here?!"

He chuckled with amusement in his eyes.

"Yeah...until Maria took you away when you were just four." His smile faded and a flash of anger came over his eyes, which he swiftly covered up.

"You can unpack and get some rest, then come downstairs for some food if you feel like it, ok?"

"Sure." Satisfied with her answer, Luca closed the door and left.

Sofia felt too lazy to unpack right now, so she threw herself onto the soft bed and yet again let sleep consume her.