Chapter 16: The Dream

Start from the beginning

His brothers? Nope, in fact I always visit then with the household to have a nice conversation, play some casual games, but most of the time, mocking Gusion. Grayson and Giovanni was the mastermind of all these crazy things.

But, how about George?

I wonder how is he...

I sighed as I stood up from the bed and headed to the kitchen to prepare some food, and I feel hungry right now. As I reached to my destination, I decided to cook some bacon and eggs.

After I cooked, I went to the dining room, sat at the stool and started eating, while my eyes were roaming around the dining room and I felt somewhat new, and this feeling was weird...

I wonder what that is.

After I ate, I washed the dishes and went to the living room. Now, I really feel bored, "Typical day, huh." I mumbled and stifle a chuckle as I threw myself on the sofa.

I lay down and I can feel my eyes were shutting down even if I slept well last night. I yawned, and drifted off to sleep.

-

I sat on the grass, leaning on the old tree while I felt my tears were still falling down from my eyes, and I can feel my heart ache badly. I emphatically closed my eyes as I continued to weep softly.

I really can't believe that he'll leave me and cheat on me, because I can't give him what he wants. I didn't even gave my first kiss, he should've wait patiently instead of finding someone that would succeed to his expectations, and for his satisfaction. Now I know why he never showed up last month, and he always gives me a cold shoulder, which I realized I really am a fool.

"I should've listened to Harley, but I always kept listening to what my heart says."  I muttered as I fold my knees and buried my face on it.

All of the memories we shared, was now shattered. The sweet glimpse we shared, it'll never be the same as before.

After all, it's what I deserved, right? Now I can see myself as a woman of misfortunes, bad luck always comes around, and right now I feel like I'm used to it.

"MISS VANCE, ARE YOU OKAY?" Someone spoke behind me, as I turned around to see who it was,

It was George.

He was standing at the bench, I can sense worry in his eyes. His eyes making my soul feel drained, he shoved his hair as he went to my direction.

I chuckled half-heartedly and hastily wiped the tears on my face, "What do you think?" I asked as I let out a smirk. He sighed as he raises his hand and made a gesture, "Come,"

I nodded and followed him, then he sat on the bench, and I sat beside him too.

There's an awkward silence between us, "I know you're not fine. It's because of Gusion, isn't it?" George asked as he leveled his face on mine.

I looked down and bit my lip to hold myself back from crying, he moved closer to me as he held my chin and lift it slightly. "Did he ever told you that he's gonna be married to a Baroque princess?" He asked, and I slowly shook my head, while not looking at him.