CH 42 - LIKE HIM?

"Bhai?" Anika knocked on the door.

Abhay opened it and passed a smile.

"Aap thik hai?" she asked entering the room.

"Haa bilkul." He replied.

"Papa ne aapko call kiya tha?" Anika asked.

"Mai hoke aaya waha ekbaar" he said and Anika hummed.

"Mujhe bhi le chalte" she said.

"Unplanned tha" he sat beside her.

"Okay. And what's wrong with you?" Anika needs to know about his changed attitude towards Shivaay.

"I am good. Baar baar puchne se answer badal nahi jayega" he chuckled.

"Till yesterday, you couldn't even stand Shivaay and today, all this goody good behaviour. What am I supposed to think about this?" Anika wanted answers badly.

"Calm down. Actually I thought about it. Mai kyu tum dono ke beech aaun. And trust me, I love you the most. Shivaay ko mai hate isiliye karta hun because he broke your heart and destroyed your soul. Lekin mai hota kaun hun to judge him" Abhay sounded so mature that Anika forgot to blink.

"You are my brother, you have full rights to judge him as he is my ex-husband" Anika held his hand.

"Nope that's where you are wrong princess. I have no rights to judge his character. But being your brother, I definitely can comment whether he is perfect for you or not." Abhay's words made her smile.

"So ab decision tera hoga." He completed.

"Kaisa decision? I mean I just wanna know the truth. Divorce humara pehle hi ho chuka hai" Anika said.

"But you like him"

Anika looked upto him in shock and he couldn't supress his laugh.

"It sounded wrong. Question mark laga le end me" he said.

"Kya?" Anika's brows raised.

"You like him?" Abhay asked innocently and Anika shook her head in disbelief

"No.. I mean.. no... Its like.. I" she was short of words. Never she had to face a situation like this where her brother is asking her whether she likes a guy. Does she?

"I care for him cz he did the same when I was his secretary until the.." Anika remembered the harsh day when he fired her.

"Anika, take your time and think. Hum kuch nahi kar payenge agar tum khud sure nahi ho. Try to find the answers from your heart. Okay?" and Anika nodded.

"Waise Papa ne bola hai ki he wants us to stay here for one more week."

"Maine baat ki. Whatever he says" Abhay said

.

.

.

.

.

.

Anika was sitting and thinking about the question that almost everyone around her is asking.

Does she likes Shivaay?

"I began to like him par tabhi unhone raita phela diya mujhe job se nikalke." She was talking to herself.

"Do I love him?" she thought

"No no no not possible. I care for him and that's it" she made her mind and got up to sleep when she found Shivaay leaning against the wall smirking.

"Aap?" she asked

"Kahi inhone meri baatein sun to nahi li" she muttered to herself.

"If you are thinking ki maine tumhari baat suni hai ki nahi then mai batana chahta hun ki maine kuch nahi suna." His smirk grew wider and Anika knew she was in trouble.

"Agar tumhe lagta hai ki you care for me then also you are wrong" he approached her with slow steps.

"And tum confuse bhi ho kya whether you like me or not?" he raised his brows but she was speechless. He stopped before a few inches and looked into her eyes directly.

"What? Maine kuch nahi suna" he bit his lips to not laugh at her expression.

"Hatiye mujhe jana hai"

He snaked his arms around her waist and pulled her closer as their bodies were connected.

"You know Anika, considering the position we are in now, I badly wanna kiss you right here" he whispered in her ears and she clutched his collars tight.

"Mai bohut mushkil se control kar raha hun khudko" he kissed her right cheek gently and didn't pull away. She closed her eyes feeling his lips and hugged him in no time.

Shivaay was taken aback by her gesture and hugged her back immediately. They were like this for what felt like eternity and Shivaay broke the hug. Anika was confused but she was blushing hard.

"You know I don't want to mess up this time. I will make sure everything is perfect" he said and kissed her forehead.

"Kuch nahi bolna tumhe?" he asked her but instead she looked down.

"We did this before, tumhe sharmane ki zarurat nahi hai" he said and she blushed hard.

"I hope now you have your answer" he smiled genuinely and she ran from there supressing her raising heartbeats and uneven breaths.

"You will be the death of me" he smiled but then Aryan's message popped in his screen.

"Urgent! I got the call records. Call me ASAP"

HEY GUYS! HOPE YOU ALL ARE SAFE IN YOUR RESPECTIVE PLACES. THIS IS MY UPDATE AND DO LET ME KNOW HOW IS IT. NEXT CHAPTER, THERE WILL BE A BIG REVELATION. 

KEEP READING AND DO VOTE.

ANNE