You Breakup(PT1)

Everything has been hard, Niall just got home from the last leg of his American tour and he has been out every night with the lads and just not around.   Even before he was back things were hard, we haven't been communicating the best and bickering like crazy. However we decided to move in together right before he left so when he came home we could just already be in the same place, however it seems I see him less than I did before.  It's only the third night of him being back and he has already been out three time with the lads.  We haven't even had eaten a meal together and we live in the same bloody place.

I was sitting on the couch working on some University work when the front door swung open followed by a roar of voices.

"Hey love! Brought the lads over gonna play some fifa."  Niall grinned as he walked through the door.

"Hi Ni! And everyone else."  I waved at the hand full of boys.

There was a drunken response from all the boys and we did our greetings and chit chats.

"Playing in here or the other room?"  I asked Niall.

"Here preferably."  He said sitting down next to me.  "Uni?  I thought the semester was over?"  He rose a brow.

"I'm applying for the gradu.."  I was cut off.

"Boys want some beer or liquor?"  Niall interrupted and was off the couch within seconds..

"Hey, (y/n) are you happy Niall is home?"  Lewis asked as he jumped onto the couch.

"Yeah for sure, but we haven't done anything together.  He has been gone since he got back, we haven't even eaten a meal together and we live in the same place."  I frowned.

"I'm sorry, have you tried talking to him about it?  He's probably just making up for lost time while on tour."  Lewis tried to make me feel better, it was not really helping.

"I waited up for him last night to talk and he told me he didn't have time." I sighed. "And he has been with you and the lads all week so I didn't want to interrupt your plans."  

Lewis looked confused for a second, but just as he opened his mouth the other lads and Niall came bounding into the living room. He looked at me and mouthed 'I'm sorry.'

I grabbed my books and laptop and moved into our bedroom.  For the next few hours I continued working on the proposal for graduate program grants, they were not going well given the amount of noise the boys were making. 

I decided to give up on that task for the night, and to just get ready for bed.  I quickly showered and threw on a random pair of pants and sweatshirt and crawled into bed. 

*Few hours later

I felt a rustling in the bed which woke me up.  I don't think I've been asleep very long, my show on Netflix was still running.

"Didn't mean to wake you."  Niall said from the other side of the bed.

"It's okay, how was your night?" I asked trying to get some actual conversation from him, I rolled over to face him only to see his back to me.

He answered with snores and so I rolled back over and went back to bed.

The next morning I woke up to an empty bed, which was the usual since the tour and even now that Niall is home.  I checked the time and it was only 6am, very odd for Niall to be out already.

I walked out of our bedroom and into the kitchen to make coffee and to my surprise my messy haired brunette sitting on the counter with a cup of coffee.

"Morning (y/n), how'd ya sleep?" He asked not moving his eyes from his phone.

"I slept alright, how about you?"  I asked grabbing a mug from the cabinet.