You stopped stretching your arms when you realised that Bakugo didn't believe that he was better than everyone. He dreaded that others thought that he wasn't good enough, that he was in any way inferior. So... Bakugo wants me to see him as a rival?

"I think I do see you that way now, Bakugo. We still need to make a plan to confront Deku and Tokoyami."

Bakugo huffed. "Always so goddamn practical about everything, huh? You and that damned Icy-Hot bastard are so fuckin' similar yet so different. Like you were made to break the shit out of each other's hearts."

Stealing a glance over your shoulder, you met Todoroki's icy eyes, making a heavy feeling settle on your chest. You had been dating Todoroki for almost a month, but, for the faintest of moments, the fear that you didn't really know him struck you.

"Damn it." Bakugo let out an exasperated sigh. "I know I've been a fuckin' dickhead to you. I've fuckin' messed up more times than I care to count."

You gritted your teeth as you remembered the time Bakugo had destroyed your precious music box. Todoroki had blamed himself for it. The fact that Todoroki hid so much of himself when he was around you made your head hurt, so you placed your hands over your ears to calm yourself down.

"I would never fuckin' break your heart," Bakugo said, in a barely audible whisper.

He gulped as he eyed you by his side, but you were far too overloaded thinking about Todoroki to hear the ash-blond boy. "Did you say something, Bakugo?"

"No." He adjusted his sleeveless tank-top, trying to obscure his wounded pride from you. He didn't stand a chance; he was far too late for that.

---

Should I have gotten him video games instead? I'm not sure if he's a fan of them, though. You put your purse back into your pocket and stepped outside of the convenience store. Though it still hurt that Todoroki had been so quiet around you since yesterday, you had made up your mind to prepare for your one-month anniversary. It had been a while since you cooked anything, but you were going to put your best effort to learn and give him something he would like. Homemade cookies and soba, you had decided.

Wait... what if I made him a soba bath? Would that be too much? You let out a laugh as another idea came to mind. Or maybe I could have gotten him an album by that famous artist who sings 'Hot and Cold.'

The street winded over the hill, the sound of your steps echoing as you pushed your shopping bag further up your shoulder. It weighed you down a bit due to the bag of flour, the excellent soba and vegetables. You sped up, now giddy with excitement to get to the dorms, hoping to see Todoroki smile once again.

But then you heard some small whimpering cries by a wooden bench. Furrowing your eyebrows, you stepped to the side and knelt down. Out of the blue, you became aware of the fuzzy life energy emanating from the weather-beaten cardboard box. Worried that there was some animal trapped in there, you opened it.

A tabby cat.

The kitten rubbed her pink nose with its paw, staring at you in curiosity. She still hadn't realised that she had been left to fend for herself when all her brothers and sisters had been taken into a loving home earlier that day.

As you picked the small kitten from the box, she stopped whimpering, but she tensed up at your touch. The image of Todoroki was the first thing that popped into your mind. It reminded you of the first time you hugged Todoroki's touch-starved self, on that bench, a few blocks away from U.A. after going to the cinema. You had felt it from that first embrace: you wanted to do anything in your power to be there for him. The kitten's fur felt soft as you patted her head, behind the natural M-shaped marking on her forehead.