⎚Mirrors⎚

OK! I am so so so sorry for the late update! Things have been rough lately and I haven't found any time or energy to write. Currently, I'm not home and the internet isn't agreeing with me so that's also been a problem for a few weeks. So updates might be slow until June 19 or so. Again, I am so so sorry.  

And while I'm here I'd like to say if you need a better way to contact me because I haven't been getting Wattpad notifications. Feel free to dm me on my Instagram account Hushchap. It's just an art account but I might post stuff for the story on there. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

~This chapter is from the POV of Giyuu~

The sounds of glass breaking continued to echo through the dark halls. It was eerie, to say the least, and the sounds would differ in pitches and intense no matter where I went. I would try to follow it, listening to the sounds become louder only for them to suddenly become distant.

To say I was getting irritate and frustrated was an understatement. I couldn't tell if I've been down this hall or not or if I've managed to get on a completely opposite side of the palace. It felt like I was being misled into circles or like the halls were moving a shifting to mislead me.

I halted in my steps when I came across another pair of double doors. I watched the open without me even touching them. Revealing another staircase leading even further down the layers of the palace.

When I decreased the large staircase I noted that this level was even colder than the last, much darker, and void of life than the previous layers. I shifted my deep irises across the slightly different hallways. The windows had a thick white sheet covering them while the outside was moonlight instead of sunlight. Casting the once red and vibrant halls with a cold blue. The painting that decorates the walls also had the same white sheet over them.

Along with the decorative vases, the white sheets being too big for the short columns the vases were placed on, causing some of the excess sheet to pool around the bottom. Dust was visible on the sheet, some even floating in the air, the specs dancing a peaceful dance in the moonlight seeping through the white sheet.

The once red and pink curtains that hung from the ceiling were now bunched up in piles, lining the bottoms of the wall. Revealing the cracked and chipping stone ceiling.

And within the large quite space the only thing could be heard was my ever so audible footsteps. My steps were so quiet you couldn't even hear the echo them. My blade was still drawn as I held the handle tightly in my hands. My eyes darting to all the corners of the halls.

My senses screaming at me, telling me there was something wrong with the area I was in. I wasn't sure...

I was tempted to travel back up the stairs when I heard that the sound of breaking glass disappeared. The sound no longer echoing through the halls, so I turned on my heel to try to open the doors and head back up. But when I tugged on the iron handles... they didn't budge... Just like the gate doors...

...

...Are you kidding me...?

I sighed let my lips and echoed down the hall, irritation trying it's hardest to show on my face. I let my hand slip from the iron handles and turned back around, to try and navigate this next level.