👊B*tch👊

I have realized that in the last chapter I said 'Incest Pillar' instead of 'Insect Pillar'... that's embarrassing... but ima leave it there.  But anyway, I hope all of yall had a merry Christmas or a Happy Hanukkah then a happy new year!  

I also just realized Sanemi eyes are purple... and not grey... whoops. And slight manga spoilers. 

----------------------------------------------------------------

I was sitting quietly and patiently in my bed, or er, should I say Kadzuki's recovery bed. My bed was technically the basket. Everyone was still working on their rehab and I still had nothing to do. I'd be lucky if a Kakushi had a message and I got to travel it to the receiver. But that wasn't often. 

The only other thing was to bother resting patients, ask them questions and so on. After a while, I felt bad for bothering them when they're in such bad conditions, so I left them alone. I was even tempted to watch the boys do their rehab but I'm afraid of that one girl with the pig-tails. So, here I am, sitting on Kadzuki's bed staring at the wall. Making little pictures with my mind.

The silence along with the snores of patients in the room droned heavily in my brain, it felt like my brain was melting with boredom and stupidity. 

I was losing brain cells sitting here! 

As I was sitting there picking at my fingers nails while trying to keep my brain cells I heard a string of curses coming down the hall. Some nurses stuttering in response and heavy footsteps coming towards the room. I didn't need to be the world's greatest brain to know who that was. 

I could feel my skin crawl thinking of seeing the mass of scars again. I've been giving myself pep talks, looking at my reflection in the nearby ponds. I sat up straight on the bed and rolled up my sleeves, going over all my self-motivation in my head. I can't continue to be a skittish little girl! I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

'Ain't no pin cushion gonna look down on me!' 

When I opened my eyes I immediately looked up and saw the same crazed purple hues staring down at me from the end of the bed. The nurses were pushing him past towards one of the other beds.

'Welp... so much for not looking down on me.'

I could see the deep gashes in his stomach, chest, and arm. Oozing with all too familiar fragrant red liquid. The thick ooze slowly running down his limbs. The wounds opening and closing as he walked, causing more ooze to spurt out every once and again. Watching the gore-y scene sent a shiver up my spine. Excitement wanting to stab my brain with it's sewing needle and stitch its way in. 

I whipped my head back around to look down at my lap, my pointer finger curled in between my teeth as I bit down harshly. The strong smell wafting through my nose and causing my mouth to water and head to become mushy. My logic swirling together with hunger and want. I had almost bitten through my whole finger, it was only hanging on by a thin muscle. I leaned over to let the blood miss my white clothing and hit the floor instead. Tears prickling my eyes in frustration.

I snatched my finger out of my mouth and clenched my jaw instead, feeling my teeth beginning to give out and crack under the pressure. Waiting for my finger to reattaching itself and soak up the blood displayed on my s/c finger.

'What the hell!? I don't remember the smell being this strong!' 

Drool was threatening to spill out of my lips along with blood from my damaged gums. I sat up straight, inhaling sharply through my nose and exhaling through my mouth. Continuing this process to try and focus on the stale air in the room instead. Trying to mask the iron smell with the musty smell instead.