✌Truce✌

5K is coming up... should I do something special for 5,000? Do you guys want anything??

-------------------------------------

 "I bet you feel relieved, don't you?" Her soft silky voice asked me, her dull violent hues baring into my e/c colored ones. Her smile holding unseen emotions and secrets I can only have nightmares about. But, there was this strange foreign, almost fake, comfort emitting from her petite form. 

"I'm-...I'm sorry?" I didn't understand what she meant, I feel relieved. Yeah, I am. I am about a lot of things at the moment.

"Do you feel relieved?" She chuckled gently. "About the trial and how it turned out."

"Oh..." My mouth from an 'o' shape thinking back onto the very stressful event that happened only a day ago. The godforsaken feeling of fear pooling my stomach and the red hot pain of Sanemi's sword piercing through my s/c dead flesh. Shivers ran down my spine before running back and hitting the back of my skull. A moment I was far more than relieved that was over. "Yes, yes I am..." I finally was able to choke out. 

"I would assume so. A demon barely escaping with her life in front of the pillars..." Her soft-spoken voice resonated through the room. Sending more shivers down my spine. I felt my skin become prickly, an intimidating feeling washing over my being. Almost like a smothered fire suddenly found its light again as I figured something out.

"Shinobu... are you angry? -That I was spared?"

Her eyes widened and a not even all that of an audible gasp escaped her plump lips not a second later her eyes soften again and the smile reappeared. She turned her head to the side, glancing down at the wooden floorboards laying next to her. She didn't answer for a while, justing staring at the suddenly interesting wooden floor. 

My mind drifted in that small amount of time. I didn't think about this at the time, but... I was so happy to be alive I didn't even think about how those people around me felt after the trial and during the trial. I'm always busy thinking about myself I didn't even think how I still have walls the doge and guide myself through. Nezuko and Tanjiro are the same. We got lucky enough to be spared but who says someone won't hunt us down anyway? Who says people will care how we feel? I felt my skin become cold to the touch, inside and out, just thinking about the violent crazed eyed man. Full of scars... Sanemi.

He hated letting us go. He wanted not only me and Nezuko to die but also wanted the same with Giyuu and Tanjiro. He was angry. Even Shinobu sitting in front of me, might not show it as Sanemi does, but she feels the same. It radiating off her life heat radiates of a fire. A swirling mass of pain and destruction. I'm sure all the other Pillars felt the same.

Then Kadzuki... I clenched my fist onto the fabric of my Kimono laying over my lap just thinking about the firey bright girl. I made her take care of me without even a thought of what she could be going through. I knew she was from a family known for their skills and greatness, and I knew her brother was a Pillar. But did that stop me? No... no, it didn't. I remember her shaking voice and pale face during the trial, I remember Kyojuro standing just right next to her. I remember her sitting there battered and bruised, shaking, barely able to keep her eyes open. No one even attempted to try and help her at that moment. 

"Yes, I am angry," I jolted out of my thoughts hearing Shinobu speaking again. A cold sweat sliding down my temple. "I'm very angry." I continued to stare at her with wide hues. "From the moment my beloved big sister got slaughtered by demons. Every time I saw the tears of the people whose loved ones who were taken away by demons, every time I heard their shrieks of despair, the anger inside me continued to grow and get larger. I have repulsive feelings that I can't do anything about in the deepest part of my body."

"And I'm sure the other pillars feel the same." She brought her head back up to look at me. Violet meeting e/c as she stared through my corrupt soul. "Now that they've seen demons who could resist human blood so fast and easily and they remember you. I don't think anybody will lay a hand on you, especially since Oyakata gave his say-so."

I looked down at my hands. Her saying those words did put my recent nerves at ease but not the feeling of being trapped in a lion's den. The feeling of being surrounded by people who want me dead and the only thing in their way is a sickly man's words and commands. I trust that man full-heartedly. Just not the people around him.

"It's just a little tiring... Demons do nothing but lie to protect themselves. They have no sensibilities and their bare instinct is to kill people."

Oh? Why hello there anxiety? How are you today?

I abruptly stood up. No longer feeling welcome. Bitter distaste filled my taste buds. "Shinobu... I'm sorry about your sister, really, I am. But you're forgetting something. Us demons didn't ask for this. We were human once ya know? We had families and lives. Some of us are forced into this with no say. And these instincts were also forced upon us. I had a family Shinobu, an infant, twin toddlers, and older brother and a mother and father. They're all dead. Because I ate them. I did. There is not a single second that passes by where I want sit outside and wait for the sun to come and shine its brilliant rays I used to enjoy down upon me." Her eyes widened as she looked up at me. "When I first met Kadzuki I beg her to kill me, she didn't. I realized if I really wanted to die I would've begged more. But instead, she gave me a warm smile and extended her hand to me. Instead of crying and waiting for death I want to take part in the fall of Muzan Kibutsuji. As an apology to my family."

I started to make my way to the sliding door to take my leave. I opened the door and took one step out before I stopped and turned around. "Oh but, you think is just a lie to protect myself? Don't you?" I asked bitterly, quickly whirling around to walk down the hallway to continue my search for Kadzuki. Leaving the insect Pillar to re-think her words.

I feel pity for her sister, I do. I know how it feels to lose someone. Obviously. But think from more than one point of view. Did it look like I wanted this? Did she really think I enjoyed this?                     

_________________________

[edited] :)

Sorry if it's sort. Btw I love reading yall's comment don't be afraid to voice your opinion.