*thirty-two: joy

Dedicated to IlamMalik for her invaluable help in trying to create this story <3

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm not sure your family like me very much."

I laughed and pulled him close to me, kissing the top of his head and marvelling at the way his ocean eyes lit up mischievously. "The fact remains that you tried, baby. That's what matters."

He sighed and rested his head on my chest, melting my heart. I stroked his back, my heart warm. When he spoke, his voice was adorably muffled. "I still don't know why the cake was so...wet. Maybe the preheating stuff...or something."

I chuckled. "I'll teach you next time. I mean...once you got across the doughy stuff...it was a pretty nice cake."

He was quiet for a while before he glanced up at me. My heart skipped a beat when his unwavering gaze held mine. I didn't think I could ever not be awed by the way the light reflected off the brilliant blue. The way his dark eyelashes cast shadows on his skin. The way his lips moved when he spoke. The way he felt.

"You have questionable taste, Grayson Shelby."

I smiled, stroking his hair. "Sure. But so do you."

He placed his hands on my shoulders, giving me that sexy, playful smile that he did and bit his lip. "Yes. But you agreed to marry me. That's it, Gray. There's no escape now."

He tilted his face towards me as our lips met. I kissed him back tenderly, savouring the feeling of him in my arms. Mentally taking a note to never let him go ever again. His hand reached my hair, knotting in it as the kiss deepened. He bit my bottom lip, pulling it gently. His tongue reached out to meet mine as raw hunger coursed through my body. I could never understand how he could turn me on so much with just a kiss.

I grabbed him firmly and pulled him onto my lap so he was straddling me, letting my tongue wade into his mouth to taste him. I leaned back, panting slightly. I placed my forehead against his as I spoke. "Xavier...would you be up for a little something different?"

He gazed at me silently, his brilliant mind working fast. When he spoke, his cheeks turned pink. "Um like...butt plugs?"

I chuckled and shook my head. "Sure. Some day, if you want."

He was quiet again and bit his lip. "I trust you, Gray. I'm on board."

My heart melted as I gazed at him. I leaned closer to him and nipped his ear. "How the fuck are you so damn cute, Xaby."

"I don't know, Gray," he said, laughing nervously. "I wonder the same."

I gently placed him on the couch and rose to my feet. He gazed at me, his beautiful eyes questioning. I bit my lip, my heart hammering in my chest. "I'll be right back."

He nodded as I left the living room and walked upstairs. I returned after a while, feeling suddenly nervous. He gazed at me silently as I came and stood in front of him. He raised an eyebrow in question as I sat beside him and pulled him back on top of me, kissing the part below his ear as I whispered. "I was thinking I could...handcuff you. Then kiss you all over..." he shuddered slightly, his breath hitching as I continued. "Fuck you right here. Have you squirming under me."

"Do they...hurt?" he asked softly.

"In some situations, they can. But I won't do that to you."

He was quiet. I waited anxiously for his response before he leaned back, the mysterious gleam back in his eyes. "That's a shame. I would love it if they hurt a little."