Chapter 1

"Jeon Soyeon, you have been called to the office."

Soyeon trembled from nervousness after reading the DM. The sender's ID was saved as "The New CEO". She shook her head for a second to relax, which made her long black hair dance around her. The phone screen turned black while she was behaving weirdly.

She clenched her fist, gave herself a calming breathe in and out, and stood up from the couch she was sitting on.

"You can do this, Soyeon," she told herself in small voice. "He's just a CEO. The (G)I-DLE's future won't be ruined, just because of person in charge."

She nodded to herself while she took clothes out of the closet to change into. While she didn't necessarily care to impress the guy, she thought about it more as preparing for war. Nice hair, clothes and makeup were just tools in this industry.

Soyeon checked her appearance in the mirror. She chose black crop top, together with black highwaisted shorts. Adding a Burberry beige bomber jacket and bag by the same brand, she was prepared.

"Soyeon."

She turned to the high pitched voice of the oldest member of (G)I-DLE. Miyeon was wearing comfy looking lacy dress and looked like an angel, only missing the halo over her light brown curly hair.

Soyeon smiled at her. "I am going to quickly check things at studio. I will be right back."

Miyeon was surprised. "Did you already finish the song, for the next comeback?"

"No, I just left my notes there..." said Soyeon.

"Really..." Miyeon didn't look like she believed her, but didn't ask more questions. Instead, she handed small package to Soyeon.

"What's the occassion?" said Soyeon in surprised voice.

"Nothing. You will know after opening it," shrugged Miyeon. She smiled at Soyeon and added: "Please, Soyeon, I hope you know we are here for you. Just don't forget that, okay?"

"Okay," Soyeon nodded. She gave Miyeon quick hug. "I will be off, mom!"

"You-" Miyeon angrily lifted her hand to hit Soyeon. Soyeon moved with swift movements to run aways from her, laughing.

"I love you!" she shouted right before she closed the front doors to go outside.

She put the small box into her bag. Wearing black boots, she run to the car, prepared by the company.

Inside the car was waiting another surprise. Other than the driver, there was small figure sitting on front seat. With cute, puppy like features, but strong eyes, Yuqi smirked at her.

"Why are you inside my car?" asked Soyeon.

"I thought I will fetch a ride with you. You are going to company anyway," Yuqi shrugged. "I am going to studio to work on a new song."

Soyeon sat at backseat. "Ah, another one of those 'Oh, love me, why did you hurt me' songs? How did you even know I am going out?"

Yuqi turned on her seat to stare at Soyeon. "I saw the car through window. And no, this one is going to be a hit."

"Of course," Soyeon nodded. "Now you think you can do better than me and write title tracks for album?"

Yuqi's face turned into surprised grimace. "What are you talking about!? Are you crazy?" she said frustrated.

Soyeon started laughing. "Mr Driver, please take us to company."

"Yes," he said, drily.

"Why are you always like this to me?" Yuqi started whinning.