𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘗𝘛𝘌𝘙 3

(Name) had never considered the possibility of experiencing the sensation of the heavy drop in her abdomen and the chill spreading like frost over her rib-cage that accompanies the realization that her lover had begun changing in the smallest of w...

(Name) had never considered the possibility of experiencing the sensation of the heavy drop in her abdomen and the chill spreading like frost over her rib-cage that accompanies the realization that her lover had begun changing in the smallest of ways that were all beginning to add up to a person she was having trouble recognizing.

If she had to pinpoint the beginning of the slow but steady onslaught of shifts in Kai's behavior, she would place it early the previous year. All Hari would tell her was that the Boss assigned someone for Kai to care for and it was taking up a lot of his time.

That in itself didn't bother her too much. (Name) had enough on her plate while she finished her final year at university. She didn't always have time for Kai, and the yakuza's work schedule was so sporadic, neither of them even tried to track his schedule anymore. It's not like they were the type to go on dates and such anyways. Not much had changed since their dynamics shifted towards something of a more intimate nature aside from increased physicality.

She knew from watching her father what to expect when getting into anything further with Kai.

Except, whatever had been happening lately wasn't part of it and it left her entirely blindsided. The sudden uptake in the amount of time he spent in the lower levels of the Hassaikai compound that she wasn't allowed in as someone who wasn't actually part of the yakuza family was just the beginning of it.

It hadn't been a noticeable matter of concern until the first time he brought up the theory on quirk origins that had caught his interest. There had been plenty of instances in the past when her opinions didn't perfectly meet Kai's and they would have to agree to disagree. But this?

Kai wanted to believe that quirks were some sort of plague upon humanity, and (Name) couldn't even begin to see where he was coming from. His disgust with mankind's quirk development almost horrified her.

As far as she was concerned, her quirk was a part of her. If she searched for the core, she could feel its power always thrumming under her skin, awaiting her will to be unleashed. She knew there were some quirks out there that really were unfortunate and brought all sorts of hardships to their owners, but quirk society was constantly adapting and accommodating, and she didn't see how a few destructive quirks could lead to Kai condemning all of them.