Thirty two

As both armies clashed, Emil was the first to attack. He teleported into the middle of Thanos' forces. He appeared within their ranks, surrounded from all sides. As the aliens noticed his presence, they began to screech. Emil smiled at them as he pulled up his mask, covering the lower half of his face. Weapons lowered to point at him as the aliens attacked. Emil flexed his fingers and threw out his arms.

Energy burst from him like a bomb. A blue wave expanded out around him, crackling and burning. It knocked everything within a fifty feet back, sending the aliens flying through the air charred and flailing. Emil cracked his knuckles and spun his blade. A wide circle etched into the earth around him, dead aliens littering the perimeter. It felt good to be rid of some of that excess energy. His body was no longer trembling.

Steve's voice crackled through on the comm. "Good one Emil. Keep it up".

Emil grinned. "My pleasure Uncle Steve". He looked around. The two armies had collided with a truly spectacular force. Anyone who could fly was in the sky. Tony and Pepper were back to back, shooting blasts and covering each other's blind spots. Quil and Sam were shooting at ships, bringing them crashing down. Other Wakandan planes were engaged in a dog fight, supported by Valkyrie on her Pegasus. On the ground, combat was being held. Thor and Steve were swapping between axe and hammer. Rocket was on Groot's shoulders, guns blazing.

Emil heard the sound of a machine gun and teleported over. "Dad! Bucky!" He called. Bucky looked up and lowered his weapon as Emil appeared with a flash. He pulled him into a hug, crushing Emil against his chest. The relief Emil felt and the warmth of the embrace made him sag, boneless into the hold.

"Emil!" Bucky grinned. He pulled back and took a look at his son's face. He ran a hand through his short hair, fingers smudging the dirt on his cheeks. He took in Emil's appearance, eye lingering on the blue lighting scar over his exposed right arm. "What happened to your hair? And your arm?"

Emil laughed, suppressing a choked sob. "It's a long story. I missed you". Bucky pulled Emil back into another tight hug. This one was brief before they let go.

"Well tell me all about it when this is all over", he said. Bucky raised his gun as looked at the surrounding aliens, a winter soldier smile on his lips. "We have some work to do". Emil nodded, grinning wildly under his mask. Together they turned back to the fight.

Emil fought with a vengeance. He flirted around the battle field. Appearing with a blue flash and a deadly swing of his blade. Monsters dropped with sprays of blood and pathetic squeals. Then he was gone again. Landing on top of a ship in the sky, or halfway across the battle to blow up another group. He danced around laser blasts and bullets. Dodging around numerous friends and allies. He saved T'Challa from a attack from behind. The king turning to give a grateful nod. Emil winked at him before vanishing.

The next person he saw was Shuri. The princess was dressed in her war outfit. Face dotted with white war paint and special blasters on her hands. Emil landed on the shoulders of a particularly large alien next to her. The purple skinned creature roared as Emil shot a bullet of blue energy through its skull. It collapsed with a thud. Shuri waited for Emil to stand up before throwing herself at him in a hug. Her impact made him stumbled as her arms encircled his waist.

"Shuri", Emil breathed and he rested his hands on her shoulders. "It's good to see you princess. You have no ideas what's been going on".

Shuri let go and stepped back. She glared at Emil. "Seriously! Five years! If I was here you could have done it in three! And what the hell have you been doing? I disappeared and you get a back haircut, tattoos and ruin my suit!" She punched him in the arm. The metal of her blaster enforcing the impact.