Just One Kiss Ch 34

Start from the beginning

"You understand?" They both laughed.

"Anyway Son, I need to get to my desk. Good luck with those calls." Wade said. After carrying his cup to the sink he quit the kitchen. Alone Rahul washed his cup and carried his breakfast to his office.

Eating between calls he went through his list of friends but stuck out with all of them. The only places they knew that fit the bill were booked solid for tonight and into next week. Sighing with regret Rahul thanked Brad, who'd been his last try and hung up the phone.

He'd have to change his plans. Sighing again he reached for the phonebook intending to call around to favourite restaurants and see which one of them he could get a table when his cell rang.

Frowning at the screen because the number wasn't one he recognized, he answered. "Hello?"

"Rahul!" Exclaimed a slightly accented voice "You don't know how glad I am that I got you."

Rahul smiled as he recognized the voice. It was his friend Rolland Alexander, who might just have the solution to his problem-he hoped.

"I just got back from Guadeloupe and we're having a zouk night at the Moonlight Pub. Are you gonna coming my friend? I've been inviting you for years but you haven't taken me on because your dear wife begged you not to go since she had two left feet and no rhythm. You haven't come since college and if I remember you used to have fun."

Rahul laughed, "Alright Rolland, you can stop now. You've convinced me."

"Truly!"

"Truly." Rahul said smiling.

"Wait 'til I tell Nicole you're coming! She'll faint!"

"Then don't tell her. You need her to dance tonight." Rahul told him laughing.

"If she faints I get to play her knight in shining armour. That's all. Party starts at 10."           

"Is it gonna be crowded?"

"Nah. It's just gonna be me and my new students although they were told that they could bring friends. There are only seven couples in this class so it shouldn't be a big party. It's a chance for them to show what they learnt. Seeing an expert like you dance should make them want to aspire to greater heights."

Rahul laughed, "I'm no expert Rolland. For all you know I've forgotten the moves."

"Please. It's the dance of love. If you forgot it you're not human."

"Funny Rolland." Rahul still laughing. "See you tonight."

"Bye my friend."

Rahul hung up. In a much better mood than he had been. Thank you God.

 With that taken care of he was able to settle down and get some work done. He worked steadily for a couple of hours only stopping when the kitchen door slammed and his child came barrelling into his office.

"Daddy!" Shaka exclaimed and flung herself in his arms.

"Hey Shaka!"

"Hi Tia, did you accomplish all you wanted?"

"Yes. We've come to spring you and Wade from your desks. We're taking y'all to lunch."

On cue his stomach rumbled. Tia grinned, "And not a moment too soon from the sound of it. Shaka, go rouse your Grandfather. Tell him he's taking a lunch break."

"Ok." She said and sped off.             

 Alone Tia smiled, "So where are you taking me tonight?"