6- The Dock

JJ entered the room to find me still staring at the ceiling. He walked over and waved a hand in front of my face, "What the hell happened to you?" he asked.

"I'm just thinking, relax," I looked over at him.

"Okay, whatever. Girls are weird, and I'm not going to try and understand. I'm going to get in the hot tub, do you want to come?" JJ asked, going over to the closet to grab a towel to take with him.

"You just showered, and now you're going to go sit in the hot tub just so you have to shower again?" I gave him a confused look.

"I never said that I was smart, okay? Just let me live my life. Are you coming or not?"

"I actually have plans for tonight, and I need to start getting ready," I said timidly. I knew that JJ was going to give me a hard time.

JJ gave me an annoyed look. "You know what, I'm not even going to ask. Have fun on your date." He walked out the front door without waiting for my response.

I let out a deep sigh. I don't understand why he has to be like this. It's almost like he's jealous, but he doesn't even have anything to be jealous about. JJ will always be the closest guy to me, now more than ever since John B's missing. He's probably just doing that overprotective thing again. That's going to get really old really fast.

I went to my room to pick out some outfit options for tonight. I have no idea what I should wear. I literally only wear a bikini or my Wreck uniform. Maybe JJ will help me pick something out. Haha, never mind. I shook my head. I went to my closet and pulled out two casual sundresses. One was a periwinkle blue and the other was black with a small floral pattern on it. I took both of them off of their hangers and walked outside to ask JJ which one he liked better. He was probably going to brush me off, but it was worth a try.

I hid both dresses behind my back and said, approaching the hot tub, "Hey JJ, can I ask you something?"

"Well, you already did, but go for it," he joked.

"Okay, which one should I wear tonight?," I questioned, holding both of the dresses out in front of me.

"I like them both. Show me what they look like on."

"Okay," I laughed. I was surprised that JJ was appeasing me and helping me choose.

I went to my room and put on the floral dress first. I went outside and stood in front of JJ, my hands on my hips. "Do a spin," he instructed. I laughed and did an overdramatic spin, my arms sticking straight out. "Hmm, I like it, but I want to see the other one."

I ran back inside and changed into the periwinkle dress. I looked in the mirror. I definitely liked this one better. When I walked out to the hot tub, JJ looked up at me and didn't say anything for a second. "That's the one you should wear. It makes your eyes stand out," JJ said quietly. After pausing for a minute, he continued, "You look really nice, Paisley."

"Aww, thanks, JJ," I said, putting my hand over my heart. I went over to him and wrapped my arms around his neck, giving him a big squeeze.

He pushed me off of him and yelled, "No PDA, that's gross."

I just laughed. "I'm going to go change really quick, then I'll come back out here."

I returned to my room and put my clothes from earlier back on. I went out to the hot tub and set on the edge, putting my feet in the water. JJ moved closer to me, and I already knew what was about to happen. "JJ, if you pull me in, I will kill you. I'm not joking," I said seriously, kicking at him.

"You're no fun," JJ complained.

"I don't want to have to take another shower before I leave. Do you know how much effort that would be?"