Chapter 2 - "You're A What?!"

"Who the fuck are you?!" you continue screaming while sitting at the doorway.

"Get away from me!"

"No, please listen. It's me. Your Zoroark!" The tall boy says, flailing his arms in panic. "I won't hurt you, I swear!

"You aren't my Zoroark! My Zoroark is a pokémon! You're a boy. Do you think I'm stupid?!"

"Look, I can prove it! Today, you found me in Pokémon Village with your Delphox. You caught me in a Heal Ball and then I find myself here. Downstairs, you were making chicken teriyaki!"

You blink repeatedly. How does he know?!

"I get it." You say flatly, finding an obvious reason as to why he knows all this.

"Oh thank god!" The boy sighs and slouches.

"YOU'RE A STALKER!" You scream again.

"NO. NO I AM NOT A STALKER!" He screams back.

A knock at the door disrupts your arguing, and you dash downstairs to answer it.

"H-Hello?" You answer, puffed out.

"Hey (Y/N). Are you okay? I heard screaming" the dark boy looks at you, hands in his pockets.

"Oh, Travis uhh yeah I'm fine. I was watching a really scary movie, that's all." You rub the back of your head, avoiding eye contact with him.

Travis is Mrs Molide's grandson and also lives in the house across the road. His smooth dark skin makes his ocean blue eyes stand out from under his black hair and green beanie. The first time you came to this town, you instantly fell for him, but now you see him as a big brother.

"Are you sure?" Travis eyes the bruise on my elbow that yoy got from falling so suddenly in your room.

"Yup!" You reply, not noticing the stranger creep up behind you.

"And who is this?" Travis asks, taking his hands out of his pockets. "I didn't know you had a housemate."

"Well he's actually..."

"Her boyfriend. Nice to meet you" the boy from behind you shakes Travis' hand, causing his eyes to widen.

"Oh okay. I just came to check on (Y/N), I'll be going now" Travis glares at him. The dark boy leans towards you to give you a hug and whispers into your ear. "Hey (Y/N), if he's been giving you problems, tell me. I'll sort him out" and then he leaves.

It takes you a few seconds to register what he said after you look at your bruise. Oh great, he thinks THAT is happening. Closing the door, you step back and lock it, then turn to the taller guy; his hands crossed over his chest.

"What?" Is all he says.

"Why did you tell him you are my boyfriend?!"

"Why is it a problem? Is he your boyfriend or something?"

"No! I just don't even know who you are!"

"I told you, I'm your Zoroark!" he yells again. "And I can prove it."

"You said that last time and I've come to the conclusion that you're a stalker" you say flatly.

"Just, don't freak out too much okay?"

"Fine."

The boy steps back, his eyes twinkling. His body wavers a bit, as if it was some sort of projection. In mere seconds, a Zoroark is standing in his place, looking as if it's smiling.

"Wh-What the hell" you stutter before fainting onto the floor.

~Zoroark's Point of View~

After (Y/N) faints, I sigh and scoop her body into my arms, climbing up the stairs quietly. Once I reach her bedroom, I gently place her onto the bed, tucking her in. I retreat and turn off the lights, leaving the door slightly open. I transform back into my human form as I walk back down the stairs to the table.

On the dining table are plates and bowls, with cutlery. I sit down in one seat, and eat some of the chicken teriyaki. I have to admit, (Y/N) sure knows how to cook.

"(Y/N)... it has a nice ring to it." I mumble. I do the right thing by packing the left overs away into a container and placing it in the fridge. After completely washing the dishes, I make sure every door in the house is locked, turn off the lights and sleep on the couch.

It's not that I hate being in a pokeball, it's just that sleeping like this makes me feel closer to me feel more comfortable. I don't like the idea of belonging to any trainer, but I want to know (Y/N) as a person. A friend even?