Chapter 4 - "So Who Are You?" Part 2

"It tastes so good" * Cameron mumbles enthusiastically, his mouth full of pancake.

"Don't talk. Chew and swallow first" You scold him and he jokingly glares at you. The atmosphere in the dining area is a comfortable one and you can't help but smile.

"What will we be doing today?" the dark haired boy asks, his plate empty.

"Well I will need to go see Jessica and pick up some bags." You grab his plate and dump it in the sink.

"Who's Jessica?"

"My best friend" you reply loudly, making up for the distance between you. "I need to collect the shopping we did after beating the Elite Four."

The poor boy almost falls out of his chair.

"THE ELITE FOUR?! ARE YOU SERIOUS?!" His jaw practically hits the ground, a reaction you weren't expecting.

"Yeah? I wouldn't joke about these things."

"Woah..."

Is Cameron.. blushing?

His cheeks are dusted with pink and his eyes have widened by a fraction. Our eyes meet for a split second and he quickly averts his gaze and adjusts his hair with a cough.

"That's quite the admirable feat. I've heard that the pokémon are strong and their trainers are equally intelligent"

"You're right. It wasn't easy to beat them; took me a few tries in fact, but I did it. Anywayyyyy, since you seem to be dressed and I'm good to go, let's head off shall we?"

You walk out of the door and into the open world.

~ Time Skip: How Ever Long It Takes To Get To The Damn Hotel~

"Good day miss, how may I hel- Oh hey (Y/N)!" Samantha smiles. The lovely blonde is one of the receptionists here and a really good friend of Jessica. Although she's quite young, she is very well mannered and you think she's the best person at her job in the city.

"Hi Sam. Is Jessica in?"

"She sure is! You two going on a girl's day out or something?" she swings around in her wheely chair, and abruptly stops when she sees Cameron behind you. Samantha tugs on your collar and almost drags you over the table. "Psst! Is that your boyfriend or something?" she whispers, careful not to let him hear.

"Oh goodness no!" you almost shriek. "Just a friend of mine."

"Is he single by any chance? Wait, how old is he? Is he Jessica's boyfriend?" Questions are thrown at you one by one and before you even have a chance to answer any of them, another hand grabs your shoulder and pulls you away.

"Is that Jessica?" Cameron asks, his hand still on your shoulder.

"Hey don't just pull me like that, it's rude!" You grumble and he immediately drops his hand to his side.

"Sorry."

Jessica runs up to you straight out of the elevator and you nearly get tackled to the ground. Her brown hair is curled and held together with a bright yellow ribbon, matching her pale yellow chiffon romper. She pats your shoulder and swings her arms with yours, absolutely absorbed in complimenting you until her speech slows to a stop. Her eyes trail to the figure next to you and linger there for a while, before pulling you behind the reception desk.

"You never said you were bringing a boy with you! I would have actually gotten dressed up!" Jessica quietly hisses between her teeth. Samantha notices and jumps right in as well.

"He's a cutie isn't he? Oh I can only imagine how he would hold me~" Jess claps her hands and you slap your hand over her mouth. Goodness, that girl sure can talk.