Sorry I Pissed You Off

Start from the beginning

~ 🌼 ~ 🐀 ~ 🌹 ~ 🐕 ~ 🌻 ~ 🍙 ~ 🌸 ~ 🐇 ~

Katsumi leaned against the table, flipping to the next page of her book as she sipped her tea.

"All done! Who wants the next turn?" Shigure asked, sliding open the shoji. "Yuki, bath time!"

"I'll skip it today," Yuki murmurs.

"Uh! No bath? How disgusting! You dirty boy!" Shigure teases, making Yuki glare at him.

"One of these days, I'm going to throw him off the roof." Yuki tells her, making her look up from her book. "I think I have a cold, that's why." Katsumi leaps to her feet, her bunny ears popping out.

"Oh no! A cold? Are you running a fever?" She fussed, running around the table to check his temperature. Her ears bounced, as she rested her hand against his forehead. "You do feel a little warm, maybe we should call Hari." She murmured, her eyes wide with worry.

"Hmm, that's not necessary, Katsumi." Yuki told her, removing her hand from his forehead. She pouted, her eyes quivering with worry, and her bunny ears sagged sadly.

"The quicker you can treat a cold, the sooner you'll feel better. Let's see if I can find you some medicine." Shigure announced, strolling over to the cabinet.

"You should probably stay home from school tomorrow, just to be on the safe side." Katsumi commented, pressing her forehead into his shoulder.

"No it's alright, I'm sure I'll be fine." He protested, bring his hand up to rub her head.

"But we're running the marathon, you'll just make yourself worse." Tohru added, also worried about Yuki's health.

"Oh... Running in this chilly weather? That sounds like torture. These old bones couldn't handle it." Katsumi sweat drops, lifting her head to look at her elder cousin.

"Shigure, you're twenty-six.... You're not that old..." She trailed off, her gaze landing on the medicine box.

"Hold on a second... Did you say... Marathon?" Kyo said from behind them, Katsumi jumped, letting out a surprised yelp.

"Y-yes?" Tohru stuttered, bringing a hand to her mouth. She peered behind her, to find Kyo standing in the doorway fiery with excitement.

"Didn't you know about it?" Katsumi muttered, rolling her eyes.

"As in, a race?" Kyo continued on, ignoring the two girls. "A race run in groups, which means... It's competition!" He shouted, throwing his hands up in the air.

"I'm freezing just looking at you Kyo, put on a sweater or something..." Shigure remarked, shivering at the sight of the boy only in a t-shirt and jeans. Kyo, however, ignored their elder cousin, continuing his rant about beating Yuki in a race.

"No, but Sohma has a cold. He can't run tomorrow." Tohru frets, holding up her hands.

"A cold? You're going to bail on the race 'cause you've got the sniffles?" Kyo shouted, turning into some kind of devil-monster. "It's on! You better not back down!" He continues you yell, Katsumi rubs her temples. Feeling the start of a headache. She grits her teeth, trying to block out Kyo's shouting.

"SHUT UP ALREADY YOU DUMMKOPFE!" She roared, snapping her book shut and standing up. (Fool.) "All you ever do is yell," she mutters, rubbing her head. "Don't you ever stop?" Katsumi questioned, before wandering outside.

Shigure stared after her, worry clouding his mind. Katsumi had been this way ever since she left the Sohma Estate, she'd be fine one minute, and then the next she'd just snap. What could she have seen, or heard that disturbed her so much?