Bonus Chapter #4 (new)

Start from the beginning

"Jaslynn, my phone died and–"

"What the fuck kind of excuse is that? Your phone died? Conrad has a phone. Or did his coincidentally die too?"

He opened his mouth, and I waved my hand dismissively, "It doesn't matter now. It just sucks that I cleared my schedule, spent hours cooking and getting dressed up for someone who doesn't even appreciate it."

To add to my irritation, his gaze darted down my body as if his mind just registered that I was all dolled up. He took his time studying me from my curled waves to my dark red lips to my black silk robe that covered part of the special surprise I had for him, and his stormy eyes clouded with hunger.

Oh, he appreciated all right.

Too bad he wasn't going to get to enjoy any of it.

"I can't help it if you don't want to put in effort."

He snapped his gaze back to my face and narrowed his eyes, "What are you trying to say? That I'm not putting effort into our relationship?"

"I didn't say it. You did."

"That's fucking bullshit, and you know it. How many times have I–"

"Oh, so we're keeping score now?"

Our chests were rising and falling rapidly as we glared at each other, refusing to back down.

Early on in our relationship, Alrik and I had quickly learned that when a couple consisted of two headstrong leaders, the only way to settle any argument was to either battle it out with our words or with our tongues.

Which was why one moment, we were in a staredown and the next, our lips were clashing together viciously.

I had no idea who moved first, but all I knew now was the feeling of his hands on my throat and in my hair, pulling my head back so he could lay his claim on my mouth properly. Meanwhile, I was busy yanking on his tie and working his shirt out of his pants while trying to keep up with the heated pace of his tongue tangling with mine.

As his hand slid down from my neck to my chest, I waited for the moment he faltered against my mouth to push him back a few steps so he was up against the island. He grunted and tore his mouth away to narrow his eyes at me, "What are you trying to do?"

"I'm trying to get even," I huffed, ripping his belt off and tossing it to the side.

"Whatever that means," he muttered, more preoccupied with running his lips down my neck and sinking his teeth in my mark. I squeaked in surprise as the zing of pleasure and pain traveled all the way down and pooled in my core while he soothed the burn with his tongue.

"It means stop trying to use my neck as a chew toy and let me–get–why is this so hard?" I growled, trying to work the zipper on his pants.

His lips twitched into a smug smirk as he moved back up to nip at my jaw, "It's always fucking hard for you."

I stopped messing with the zipper and fisted his hair to pull him back, "Was that an insult or a compliment?"

"Right now, I would say an insult," he said, his face a mixture of amusement and frustration as he wound the ties of my robe around his hand and tugged me forward, "You should never insult the Alpha if you don't want him to bite back."

"What if it was the Luna who insulted him because the Alpha was being an asshole?"

The humor vanished from his face, "The Luna should know that not everything is what it seems."

The intense glaring commenced once again since neither one of us wanted to speak like we were supposed to at that moment. Instead, it was a waiting game to see who would make the first move.