Amren's "True" story

A/N video for when Amren realizes she's in love. 

Amren was born into the family of an empress along with her younger sister, Maeve. 

The two of them were power-hungry together. They killed and destroyed to show their worth. They had every demon fearing their names at the end of the golden age, led by their parents. 

When she was 18 (In demon that's 1,800), Amren was given the crown of the empress. She was now in charge of the whole world. 

But one problem. She was literally shackled to her throne until she found a king to rule at her side, as was custom. 

This means Maeve had free rein to her people, relaying orders to them from Amren. 

But Maeve was jealous. And began to make her own commands. 

This was when things started to go wrong between the sisters. 

Courtiers came to the palace every day, hoping to win the hand of the powerful empress. They all failed. Amren thought they were boring and powerless. They were gold diggers. 

She wanted a true man/demon. One not there for her wealth. This was when her heart began to change. 

She found a true soulmate, in a lowly demon by the name of Varian (sound familiar?). He was what she needed. She no longer wanted power, only to be free of the burden of controlling a world. (This is when the video comes in)

But he was not a king. Maeve distrusted him, and didn't wish for her sister to rise to true power yet. 

So the queen banished Varian to another world (Can you guess which?). 

Little did Maeve know, Amren had already married the lower demon, in secret, and was free of her throne. 

Amren then traveled to that world, but it malfunctioned thanks to Maeve. 

The empress ended up in that prison, and from there, her history is known. 

..........

Short, but i didn't want any confusion on her history. See you tomorrow for Aelin's bargain with High Lord Beron Vanserra.