The Guest

Something felt heavy over Rey's tiny body. She didn't want to open her eyes, her head was already spinning. She could feel the darkness inside the room, meaning it was very early in the morning. Suddenly, she felt a slight grip around her waist. It was someone's hand. This one, in particular, was very big, it could almost cover her entire stomach. Rey started panicking, she didn't know who was holding her so closely. The man's gentle breaths indicated he was still asleep, holding unaware of Rey's panic attack. She slowly opened her eyes, looking for something that could give up the time. Her movements were very slow, and she could hear her loud heartbeats pulsating throughout her head and ears. Her mouth suddenly felt extremely dry, a clear sign of dehydration. Now she was craving water as if her life depended on it. She searched around the darkroom and glanced upon a glass of water in front of her. Rey could feel the pain inside of her body every second it passed without that water, but she didn't want to wake that person laying beside her. Who was it anyway? She couldn't remember anything that happened before her blackout.
Finally, she gave up and quickly grabbed the fresh glass of water, desperately gulping the holy liquid down her throat. Her head felt clear and fresh as if the water had healing powers. She finished drinking the glass and quietly returned it back to where she found it.
The man was still asleep beside her, holding her by the waist. She found herself trapped, but soothingly tired as if she belonged there. Rey knew nothing bad happened before or during her blackout, her body didn't hurt and she was very comfortable.
She knew she was safe.
She closed her eyes again, now falling asleep peacefully, not knowing it was Kylo's hand gently holding her.

Hours passed, and the morning arrived. A little ray of sunshine awoke her eyes, and it hurt. She no longer felt the big swole arm around her waist, meaning she now remained alone in the king-sized bed. A big wave of fear took over her thoughts, was she in a stranger's bed? If so, how did she end up there? Rey craved answers, but all she could think about was how all of her problems started when she began drinking alcohol.

"Enough is enough. The drinking stops now."  She cried to herself. There was no fun in acting all crazy one day and suffer from a monstrous headache the next. She suddenly saw the same glass on the nightstand filled up with fresh water and quickly drank it all up once more. The man that cuddled her last night sure was a gentleman, but it really made no sense to Rey as to why was she receiving such generosity. "Please be Poe or Finn..." she begged. But if it ought to be them, she would be at her own dorm. "Please, be Poe or Finn...".

Kylo remained downstairs, sitting on the kitchen table, waiting for the little scavenger to come down. His elbows resting on the counter, his hands clenched on top of his lips, nervous was written all over his face. He didn't know what came over him, he suddenly felt the urge to protect her from any evil that could overpower her. She was so vulnerable. What was she even thinking? walking across campus in the middle of the night, completely drunk... she was lucky to even survived that.

But everything was fine, she came to him. Her skin was very cold. He didn't want her to freeze to death, so he wrapped his arms around her, looking to warm her up. He felt her waking up early in the morning, as he stood calm, Ren's heart fastened a little when Rey returned to his arms. He wondered if she even remembered last night. The fighting, the yelling, the cuddling—. God, what was he really thinking?
It was not customary for Ren to deliver such behavior. Every girl that made it to his bed, would just fuck him and leave right after, no questions asked.
Rey was now an exception.
He even left her water and a refill in the morning.
Kylo replayed their conversation last night when she failed to threaten him into leaving her alone. He couldn't. She knew Luke Skywalker, she was a target now. 

Ren tracked down the girl and got in contact with her old high school classmates. He learned all about her. How they used to call her a Scavenger, how she never showed up to a party, and how people found her disgustingly weird. 

Fuck them. Ren thought. No wonder she prefers being alone. All those years of solitude, the judgment. She's like me. But Rey, you're not alone, not anymore.

As Kylo merged into his thoughts, he didn't realize Rey had come down the stairs, looking for her host. Instead, she had found her captor. Kylo looked up at her, stunned. Rey's eyes widened, this was the last man she could ever be prevailed upon to show her gratitude. 

It was Kylo's hand holding her last night. It was Kylo's bed she was sleeping in. It was Kylo who had left her a glass of water. 

Ren could feel her uneasy, she was trying to process everything, to make sense out of this situation. He couldn't blame her, the feeling was mutual. Kylo couldn't understand his instincts either. 

"Y-you..." were the only words that came out of her lips. 

"You're my guest." were the only ones that came out of Ren's.