Since the journey had been an overly lenghthy one, she made sure to research enough about the producer so that she couldn't be too stunned. Or completely star-stuck, much like she currently was.

He's a normal person just like you, she tried to reassure herself.

A airy snort left her nostrils at her own pathetic lie, yeah right 'he was a normal person just like her' if that meant already being on her third eviction notice this month and having no running hot water.

Ah crap, she needed to top up on the hot water.

Whizzing thoughts whirled around her busy psyche, and the doubt started to seep in, making her question her belonging. She weighed the options out, thinking about it logically. How much did she have in common with an established wealthy family, if she didn't know the first thing about extreme wealth?

Glancing down at her own attire, she gave her ensemble a through look. Adorned in what was supposed to be a black pencil skirt instead was a faded grey shade that was way too old and fit snug around her curvy hips. Her navy coloured blouse was no better, it clashed with her creamy skin tone and her black hair that had been left down her back. She couldn't find any hair ties so the long locks were parted down the middle, further drowning her weary features.

The only upside to her appearance, her makeup. She managed to put some makeup on, her lashes were coated in mascara, however, they didn't show up regardless of the 'lengthening and volumising product'. She blamed her stub lashes on her Japanese side, her eyes were almond-shaped and slightly hooded. Her nose was small, but flared out. Her pale skin meant that her full rosy cheeks almost constantly made an appearance. Much to her disappointment, she hated that she blushed so easily.

She knew she could've dressed nicer for the occasion but she had no other formal clothes that would be suitable, after all, living out of a suitcase- meant that she didn't buy new clothes often. She'd rather choose food and rent over clothes.

Staring at her chipped nails and beat-up heels, she sucked in a deep breath as her straight thick brows furrowed together.

Oh, who was she kidding, this was a big mistake. She couldn't do this, she was setting herself up for failure believing she had a shot at the Ivanov residence.

Maybe, she wasn't the right person for the job after all.

The moment she decided to get up from her seat, rising up to her short height, the sound of the door knob turning broke her out of her little trance.

Rika swallowed back her roaring nerves and turned her head around to face the door. She nearly bumped into her chair when she spotted a young child wearing dungarees and blonde pigtails, starting directly at her.

"Are you the new nanny? Daddy says he needs to speak to you." A high pitched tone mumbled, the words came out broken and said in a adorable baby voice.

A warm smile crept onto her innately pouty lips, and she let out a weak laugh. "Oh, hi there, sweetheart..."

The little girl who looked no older than five, jumped slightly when their eyes met. She didn't stay behind for long, her big green eyes filling with fright when heavy footfalls approached the study, an abrupt giggle erupted out of her.

One blink, and she disappeared into thin air.

That made the older woman frown, she had watched the youngster run but she had absolutely no idea where she'd gone off too. She left so quickly, and then a much deeper voice cut her worrying short.

"Lilia Rose! Didn't I tell you to wait for Daddy?" There was a slight accent to his words, he didn't linger behind, pushing the door open wider. "Fucking kids, never fucking listen..." grumbled the bitter man to himself, his polished Oxford shoes tapped noisily against the hardwood flooring.