T W E L V E

WARNING: This book contains depictions of graphic violence, explicit and sexual scenes, intense language and use of drugs, tobacco, and alcohol.

______________________

CHAPTER XII

Minjun's finally gone. The tense atmosphere that lingered around the house is now gone. Changkyun didn't want to believe it, but Minjun turned out to be the biggest asshole he's ever met. Their relationship was never real, Changkyun knows-- but did Minjun at least loved Changkyun?

Not even a little bit?

When Changkyun woke up, he perceived the empty space in the bed, which Minjun-- his ex-boyfriend-- slept in. Regardless, it's now vacant, calling out for something to fill up the area.

Dreading to sleep further-- to ignore the negative thoughts that clouded his mind, Changkyun allows his eyelids to fall, and he gently snores with his face buried in the soft pillow. The peace that overtook him relaxed him, and his views solely focus on Jooheon. He's safe from Minjun-- and so is Changkyun.

Spontaneously, as the elder walks through the doorway, he pinpoints his beloved partner sleeping peacefully in the bed. Nevertheless, he had other plans. Sprinting towards the cot, he takes a leap and aggressively lands by Changkyun's side, the weight of the elder provoking the younger to flinch awake.

"Good morning, sleepy head~," Jooheon greets with a dimpled smile. "It's going to be one in the afternoon-- and you're still napping. Don't tell me you couldn't sleep last night."

Changkyun lays his head back in the pillow, and snarly declares, "You just disturbed my sleep. In fact, I think you scared it off because I can't go back to sleep."

"Oh, come on. Just wake the fuck up," Jooheon says with a chuckle. He seizes a solitary pillow and whacks it against Changkyun's front. "Wake the fuck up! Wake the fuck up!" He initiates to chant.

Smacking the pillow out of Jooheon's grip, Changkyun sits upon his rear-- a groan escaping from his lips-- and strictly says, "Fucking-- Fine! Look! I'm awake now, see? I'm standing up from the bed--"

"You don't have to narrate everything you're doing," Jooheon says with another laugh cutting through. "Standing up from the bed will do."

"Okay, then go and prepare breakfast while I freshen up, and, when I mean breakfast, I mean everything: eggs, bacon, toast, and hashbrowns."

Jooheon's eyes widen from astonishment. "That's a lot, Kyunni! Come on-- last time I checked-- you weren't a fat ass!"

"Years have passed," Changkyun responds with a faint laugh as he ascends to his feet. "Besides, you're still not paying for this house. Making breakfast for me will suffice."