The disciplinarian (MahiRo)

Yeah, I got an awful block regarding writing about ICT because I'm inside the Harry Potter world, but 29th May cannot pass without a MahiRo story.

Mahi was sitting in his hotel room, enjoying (or maybe not that much) the rare peace and quiet.

No, it was not like Virat and Rohit weren't in the team. It's just that they'd gone for their first management meeting together.

Cheeku, to be officially declared India's limited overs captain, and Ro, to be given his first national leadership role.

They had come to tell him goodbye before they left; Mahi had sent them away, unworried, quite a different scenario from the time Virat went for his first management meeting. Mahi had cornered him the previous night and drilled him for five and a half hours, he recalled, about how to conduct himself. Virat had adhered to them pretty well, and today, he did not have to worry about him anymore, he was well practised. 

Yes, it was Rohit's first meeting today, but he wasn't worried. Ro, unlike Cheeku, knew how to conduct himself in the required situations.

He knew everything would be all right...but he still found himself glancing at the clock every so often, waiting for the moment when his two kids (disguised as two grown up men of 29 and 30) would come back, settle themselves on either sides of him and tell him all about their first meeting together.

__________________________________________

 The head of BCCI was currently sprouting a long speech about 'new era', 'revolutionizing Indian cricket', 'leaving behind all bad memories'....and Virat was currently trying not to yawn, and not to let his face display too blatantly how zoned out he was.

He glanced sideways at his 'vice-captain'. Th idea of how everyone would tease Ro about being the new vice-captain helped him while away a few moments. 

Look at how attentively Rohit was listening.

HA!

HAHAHAHAHAHA! 

Wait till he'd attended a dozen of these meetings, then he'd see...

Rohit's low voice cut into his thoughts abruptly.

"So," he said. "You're saying our former captain was involved in things like match fixing?"

Virat's jaw dropped.

"Chennai Super Kings..." began the official.

"CHENNAI SUPER KINGS IS A FRANCHISE CONTROLLED BY ITS OWN MANAGEMENT!" shouted Rohit, looking insane. "MAHI BHAI WAS SIMPLY THE CAPTAIN WHO STEERED CLEAR OF THE MANAGEMENT!"

Every single person on the other side of the table stared at him in clear horror. Virat decided to intervene before Rohit landed himself into severe trouble on the very first day.

"Ro...er...Rohit," said Virat in a calm voice. "You must have misunderstood them..."

Rohit turned to face him and said fiercely, "I damn right have not!"

Oh no, thought Virat, who was terrified by now. How am I supposed to deal with this idiot? He has gone completely mad!

"Sir," Virat forced himself to say to the chief. "Can I have a word with him outside please?"

He dragged Rohit outside; much to his relief Rohit did not struggle physically.

"Rohit," he whispered urgently. "What are you think you're doing?"

"They said--they hinted--" spluttered Rohit, so furious that he could hardly get out the words. "They hinted that Mahi bhai attempted to bring in a culture of match fixing into our team!"