He went inside the room, took the cardboard and opened it ....

Kanna jiya akash and maran did join around.....

He opened the box to see dry fruits and toffees and candies and there was few toys along with a brand new phone....

Kathir took the phone and handed to kanna.... And gave the rest of the candies to the kids....

The nuts were given to the elders....

Kas: enna thambi....enga mullai ku edum illaya....

He looked as if he saw a ghost with her question.....

He had got a tiny gift for her....but this wasnt the best situation to gift it...

Kas: thambi mogatha paths.....verum kai dan veesi vandiruku pola....

Meen: yen nga...kathir vandadu dN mullai ku gift eh...

Idu puriyama enna nga....

Mulali let out a genuine smile.....

Muru: seri vaanga kelambalam....maplai neenhalum mullai um konjam naal anga vandu thangumga....

Kathir obliged to it....he saw parvathy gesturing mullai to come to their room....

He had taken the empty box and entered the room.....

To hear the words....

He didnt want to hear....

Par: ey...mullai....kalyanam aagi 5 varsuham saha pogudu....

Modhala kalyanam aana pudikala kalyanam aana vidham seri ila...

Apram neenga rasi aanadhume.....

Avaru veli nadu poitaru....

Ini um thali podadha ma.....amma sona keluu...seriya...

Edachum sollu di....

Mullai nodded her head...for putting parvathy concern at bay....

Parvathy mover out to see kathri standing there.....

Par: mapillai....adu naan summa....ponnu kits...

He nodded his head....kept the bag and walked out of room not talking a word.....

Meena: anna....nalaiku jiya oda 4th bday.....kandipa akash aa kootitu ellarum vanga.....

It was his niece bday.....so he had to get a nice gift for her...

After they left,

Kathir: anni naan apdiye nama kadai ku poitu varen....

Lak: dei enna da idu....ipo dane vanda....

Mullai oda konjam neram irukama....ipdi ipo poi kada nu solra...

Seeing him trying hard to come up with excuses.....

Mul: atha...avuha enga oda poraha..

Nama kadaiku dane poitu varatum....athai.....

Meen: athai....adhan mullai ke prechanai illai eh apram enna ......

And all giggled...

He left the place in a jiff....in Kanna's bike....he felt like he could take a proper normal breath only after that...

It was as if he was tied up around his chest......his lungs were constrained.....his alveoli couldn't expand.....that's the feeling he got ....especially after seeing her and hearing that she wasnt leading a normal life...

He took some random rounds through the roads of kunnakudi before parking it in front of his shop.....their old shop.....

He saw that only Kumarasen mama and saravana were there....he saw his bestie...his mam making faces at him like a child.....

He knew the reason .....it was his departure to the foreign land.....it was his decision of keeping himself mum when asked what was the issue.....

He had guessed it ...figured it around 3 years ago that something was killing him....keeping him stressed.....he had coaxed him into telling the truth...sharing his grief ...even tried asking him if a  booze could make him feel better....

But he had shut his friend out....

It didnt take a lot of cajoling to make his mama fine....

A genuine smile and a hug was all that was needed for his father figure....his friend....his mama....to become back to normal....but it didnt last long...

It lasted less than 2 minutes....for his mama had hinted on him being a grand dad...he had tried teasing on how he was already one for two kids in the family.....but he had put his stand that it was not any grand dad ...precisely grand dad of his child.....their child....

The wise man didn't notice the smile and spark leave his child ....he was too much into the idea of pampering his kathir and mullai child.....that his experienced eyes forgot to discern the changes ....

He didnt stay there for more than 10 minutes, on being inquired about the hurry.....he was teased by saravanan on how kathir couldn't wait to be with mullai....just like old times....

He gave out a faint smirk....lest they knew the truth...

He chided the young boy that he was going to take a look at their new shop....their new supermarket which opened when he wasnt in his home country.....

But all his bike did was ride aimlessly through the roads of kunnakudi and reach their house at around 9pm...at dinner time....