Chapter 5

With the Spring High preliminary round in two days, it was the last day of camp.

Just like everyday, Karasuno lost the last match but to be fair, they got to a score of 32-30 with Date Tech as they dragged out a deuce without using any new moves. They were only using fundamentals against them.

The last day was no exception for Hinata and Aone as both teams have just accepted that the hour after Date Tech's bath turn was their turn.

Afterwards when they were to part at the intersection, Hinata found himself unable to separate himself from Aone. He knew they couldn't do this again since it was the last day and he didn't want to leave.

Aone felt the same as he knelt down again and this time, gingerly opened his arms for a hug.

Hinata looked a little surprised and walked naturally into Aone's arms.

He smiled to himself as Aone was just like a massive cuddly bear as he whispered a few words of good luck on his match.

Aone nodded into Hinata's shoulder as his arms completely entrapped Hinata. He felt even more smaller as he held on.

But...

Trapped....

Hinata suddenly jumped out of Aone's arms and stood wide eyes in front of him. He felt as if he was completely enveloped by those arms and as safe as it felt...his instincts told him he would fall if he stayed.

Giving a bow and a smile, they two parted ways again and Hinata's fists tightened as only one thought crossed his mind.

He couldn't be caught.

That night, he hugged himself to sleep as he could still feel those arms around him. Strong, sturdy and big. As if they could completely encase him.

Some part of him was telling him to go into those arms. They were safe and will make him strong. And another part was telling him that it was dangerous. That those arms would capture him and he would be trapped with no place to go.

He believed this voice for now, ignoring the one to trust those arms.

He wasn't going to be caught but...maybe he wanted to....

Aone was confused. He didn't know why but the hug seemed completely natural to his movements as awkward as it was as he never actually asked for a hug before...

Hinata fit perfectly against him and it felt nice to lean down into fluffiness as his arms completely wrapped around Hinata. It was as if he could hold the world in his hands and it made him feel tall.

But since he was leaning down, he also felt small but with Hinata there...he felt....the right size....

When Hinata jumped from his arms, he kind of expected it as Hinata had the personality of a crow. They will get close to you but not so close that they trust you.

His wary behaviour was...cute?

Well whatever it was, he didn't want to hold Hinata back and wanted to see him fly.

But....it still stung a little as Hinata walked off. He wanted Hinata to be free and play as he wished but...he for some reason.... wanted Hinata to just.... return to him once it was over....

The day of the playoffs arrived and that meant.... stomach cramps.

As usual, prior to the start of playoffs, Hinata headed for the bathroom but stopped short of the door. This was where he usually met trouble and he was scared to go in. It wasn't like he needed to go but the nerves made him feel like puking so he needed a sink. Not Tanaka's pants.

But the pattern continues and gets worse as next thing he knew...Ushijima, Oikawa and Iwaizumi were all there towering over him.

While backing away from the powerhouses, Hinata felt his back hit a warm and familiar wall. Looking around, he smiled as he saw Aone and they greet each other with a bow as the others carried on bickering about who would go to nationals.

Hinata and Aone just stood back and looked at each other, a small blush tinging their cheeks as they stood in their own fluffy world.

To Hinata, the nerves had settled down now and he no longer felt the need to throw up.

He could keep his breakfast in and suddenly, felt energy pump throw him happily.

Just as he smiled at Aone, Ushijima walked off announcing his victory over them all.

Oikawa and Iwaizumi also walk off leaving the two to smile at each other, blush slightly, bow and going off their own ways with a word of good luck.

Hinata ran back to his group and they were happy to see him back to his usual self and Suga smiled at him when he saw slightly red ears.

(Oya oya? OwO

Sorry not sorry 😂)

Aone was the same when he returned to his team. He was surrounded in a fluffy atmosphere and his team recognised it as Aone had walked into their room after that bath with the exact same feel after he saw Hinata from Karasuno.

They parted him on the back as they got ready for their game. Their best iron wall was now in a good mood and that meant the team's spirits were all high too.

It was one of the reasons why Date Tech wanted Karasuno to be in a lasting relationship with them. Since their school was known as the iron wall, the blocker's mood was everything.

When Aone was in a bad mood halfway through training camp, Date Tech just linked Aone's best mood with Karasuno's decoy and they were fine with it.

A happy Aone boosted their moral and with their adrenaline high, they felt they come do anything.

Feeling absolutely confident, Date Tech walked into their court to play against their opponents, Shirato, and along with their happy streak, they won in straight-sets.