The bell rang signaling for the class to be over. Layla was the first one out of her seat and she hurried out of the class.

Layla went to Elena's locker to wait for her. Bonnie and Elena soon trailed down the hallway.

"I told Jeremy he had to dress up," Bonnie was telling Elena.

Elena began to laugh, "What about you,what are you going as?" Elena asked Layla.

"I don't know yet," Layla mumbled.

Dana was running down the hallway after Elena, stoping in front of her locker.

"Hey, Elena, there you are. Okay. This is going to sound freaky, but this totally hot guy just asked me to ask you if you're going to the dance tonight," Dana said

"Tell him she has a boyfriend," Layla told her.

"You could at least meet him. He'll be at the dance tonight. Look for him. His name is Klaus," Dana panted.

"I'm sorry, what did you just say?" Elena asked worried.

"His name's Klaus. I know the name's stupid, but I swear he's hot," Dana said.

"Where is he? Is he here?" Bonnie asked frantically.

"I don't know," Dana sighed.

"She's been compelled," Layla said, shaking her head slightly.

"Layla, he wants to know if you'll save him the last dance. How cute is that?" Dana squealed.

**************************

The whole gang sat at the Salvatore boarding house, discussing the threat Klaus sent Elena. Nobody brought the fact up that he asked Layla to save her the last dance. It scared her, Klaus was the last person she wanted to meet, little less dance with.

"So we go to the dance, we find him," Damon said.

"Really? How are we going to do that? We don't even know what he looks like," Stefan asked.

"Something tells me he's not going to be 16 and pimply," Layla mumbled.

"He could be anywhere at any time. He compelled somebody at school," Stefan told them, "I guess it's not as safe as you guys thought, huh?"

There was a knock at the door and it revealed Klaus in Alaric's body.

"There you are," Damon told him.

"Sorry I'm late," Klaus said.

Layla caught the gaze coming from Alaric. He looked at her in the most peculiar way.

"Hey, I need you to put me down as a chaperone at the dance tonight. Klaus made his first move," Damon told Alaric.

"Okay, so we find him and then what, hmm? What's our plan of attack?" Elena asked.

"Me. I'm the plan. He has no idea how much power I can channel. If you can find him, I can kill him," Bonnie told them.

"That's not going to be that easy. I mean, he is the biggest, baddest vampire around," Alaric smirked.

"Alaric has a point. I mean, what if he..." Damon began before Bonnie put up her hand throwing Damon straight across the other side of the room.

"Well, I was impressed," Layla smirked.

"It doesn't matter if he's an Original. I can take down anyone who comes at me. I can kill him, Elena. I know I can," Bonnie pleaded.

******************************