Chapter 1 - Introducing the O'Connell Family

A/N: Hello Guys. My name is Danny. This is the first time I have ever write a book. And it's not even written in my mother tongue. I understand that people feel cringe when they see the typo and mistakes or even just ugly formatting in a book. It is ok if you cannot withstand my broken English. I apologize for that.

I watch almost all the books about Billie Eilish's sister and got some inspiration from them. The story would not be the same though. As people may say "萬事起頭難" which is a Chinese idiom means "Everything starts difficult", so wish me luck?

This book is only written to practice my English writing and for fun. But feel free to provide suggestions and report the mistakes. (Especially grammar-wise) And all the musical related knowledge came from google. I know nearly nothing about music. Inform me I'm wrong whenever I made a mistake so that I can fix it.

Without further ado, let us start our journey.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since the day I was born, I have always been a weird kid. I was born into a family of four. Well, five now. We are a little delightful family which lives in Los Angles. I got my name "Ilene Eilish Pirate Baird O'Connell" from my family. My mum is called "Maggie Baird" and I have two siblings which are named "Finneas" and "Billie".

Finneas is always the big boy who is charming to everyone and popular among the same ages. Being the eldest sibling among the three of us. He would take the job to babysit us when our parents are gone. He would keep us to stay busy and do feel no bored at home.

And Billie is a typical hyperactive kid and always being a part of the stage. I knew she is going to be a huge star someday. Her glamour is just undeniable. Her lovey voices just made her the greatest singer I would love to hear every song from.

I remember that when Billie learnt a song called "I Will" by The Beatles, she proudly presented that song to the whole family. She was so good at covering that, I thought she wrote the song by herself.

I look like a mini-Billie to some extent. I have an even blonder hair than her, it is almost silver in colour. And my eyes have an akin colour to my hair. That makes me look extra pale like a fairy who is going to fade out at any moment. But we do look somewhat similar. It is easy to tell that we are sisters if we are on the street together.

Compared to both of my siblings, I am way more overshadowed. I never felt the urge to do anything. I was always depressed and afraid of not being needed. I am the youngest in the family. I feel like I am the dumbest in the house. All my family are way more talented than I am. I was never proud of myself for anything I did. The truth of me being a part of the family always scares me because I feel like I am the only problem in this household. I tried to throw myself into painting. But I just do not have the talent to do so.

During my childhood, I had to study at home. And since we didn't have much money, I had to wear the clothes that were leftover by either Billie or Finneas. Homeschooling is nothing but a social jail. I had nearly no friends that are around my age. But luckily, my family are my best friends. My dad taught me how to play ukulele and guitar. Mum taught me some music theory. Since then, I started to drop my emotions in the form of music.

"I really wanna dance the night away ~" my headphone is playing quite loud.

"Ileneeeeeeeee!" Billie shouted at me.

"What happened, Billie?" As I took my headphone off and asked her.

"What are you doing here?" Billie sounded confused and stared at me.

I pointed to my laptop and my notes and said, "Just finding some inspiration for my writing."

"Oww, forget about the writing thing. Me and Finneas just recorded a song but we feel like it needed something more for it. Would you come to Finn's room and see what we can do?" She looked at me with her blueish eye like a little puppy.

"Sure, why not?" I say standing up and putting down my notes in the drawer.

We went to Finneas' room and I saw Finneas was clicking his Mac and editing some sound trucks. His bed was messy because there are many cushions and pillows. The entire room was covered by different musical instruments. I knew that he is the vocal and scriptwriter for his band. But I never thought that Billie would sing a song he wrote.

"So, what's going on here?" I ask with no clue.

"Hey, Ilene. We just recorded a song called 'Ocean Eyes'. And we are not sure if the song is good enough or not. Do you mind listening and give us some suggestions?" Finneas slowly explained.

"OK, let's waste no more time and start now." I am hyped to listen to their music.

'I've been watching you for some time ~ ... I've never fallen from quite this high.

Falling into your ocean eyes. Those ocean eyes ~'

The song ended, and I standstill.

"That was amazing. I mean I don't know if I can make any suggestions on it?"

"Do you want to add some harmonic to the song?" Their ocean eyes looked at me with hope.

"Yeah, sounds good." I reply.

After I finished the harmonic part. I suggested adding some drum sound. Finneas accepted and made changes in a quick manner. He asked me if I want to be stated as a co-writer and I denied simply because I think I didn't do much.

That day went by quickly. Finneas uploaded that song to the SoundCloud just for fun and didn't notice a big career is going to change his family's life.