Chapter 5: Duel of Randers

Start from the beginning

You look back out at the water.

Clem: What do you think of?

You: ...The battle that comes.

Clem: Do not worry, I believe that the empire will be victorious.

You: That's not what I want.

Clem looks at you confused.

Clem: So... you want to lose?

You look at Clementine.

You: I don't want there to be war at all.

Clem is surprised by what she's hearing.

You: I hate the fact that we're at war with a whole other continent. They haven't done anything against us. My father seeks one thing; power. I do not. I seek freedom for the people in the empire.

You take your foot off of the railing and you turn your whole body to Clementine.

You: These men are not our enemies. My father has made them thus. This war is one that will be remembered. It will be the war that served no purpose.

Clem: That can't be true. This war must be for something.

You: It is for something. It's for my father's mere entertainment. My father wishes to take all of Europe and more for his thirst of power. That is not something that should be given to the likes of him.

You turn your head to the ocean.

You: That is something I will make sure of...

Timeskip
You sit at your desk in your quarters writing when there's a knock at the door.

You: Who is it?

Clem: It's Clementine. May I come in?

You: You may.

The door opens and Clem walks in. You stand.

You and Clem have gotten to know each other a little bit more. You've grown to be quite good friends.

You: How are you, Clementine?

Clem: I'm very well. How are you?

You stand and walk over to your bed and sit down.

You: I'm a little nervous, if I speak truthful.

Clem walks over to your bed and sits next to you.

Clem: It's okay to be nervous. I am too.

You: It's different.

Clem raises her eyebrow.

Clem: How so?

You: I've been gone for five days, now. My father must be sending his men after me.

Clem: Do you think that the men at Randers will know of your arrest?

You: I hope not.

She places her hand on your shoulder.

Clem: Well, either way; we'll make it out of this. So you're father will just have to deal it.

You look at her with a smile, she smiles back. You look deep into her eyes, while she looks deep into yours. Father will just have to deal with it. You lean in and kiss her on the lips. After five seconds, you pull back and you realize what you've done.

You: I-I'm so sorry. That was f-foolish of-

She shuts you up by kissing you on the lips. You place your hand on the back of her neck. You make out for about twenty seconds. It was so magical and peaceful.