His end was silent.

"Do you think you're just gonna be some crazy exception? You could get seriously sick from this."

I heard him take a deep breath over the phone. "Okay, fine, but I don't see why it's such a big deal to you,"

"Really? You don't see why it's such a big deal? I don't want you to die, Will, it's pretty obvious why it's a big deal,"

"I'll be fine,"

"Until you're not!" I said, way louder than I needed to. I took a deep breath. "I don't want you to get to the point till you're not. To where your brain is programmed to only want your next cigarette. I can't fucking lose you to a damn cancer stick,"

"You're not going to,"

"Everyone thinks that Will! But it just- I'm done talking about it,"

Will gave a frustrated sigh on the other end of the phone. "Why do you just keep deciding that?"

I sat the phone on the counter as I opened my fridge. "Because I'm letting you know I'm done talking about it. It's not going to go anyway, and I'm just gonna get frustrated. We need sleep-"

"I can't sleep until we handle this,"

I closed the fridge upon realizing all I had in there was expired yoghurt. Will was much better at keeping the fridge full. "Well we've handled it. You're not planning on changing, I'm against it, the end. Handled, we'll cross this bridge again later, right now I'm hungry..." I walked over to my pantry. I had quite the amount of peanut butter.

"You're kidding,"

"No, I think I'm going to make cookies. I'll bring you some tomorrow,"

Will sighed. "I know you're still upset."

"Doesn't take a genius to figure it out, William," I walked to the other side of my kitchen to make sure I had enough sugar. "But I don't wanna talk about it anymore, so I'm talking about cookies."

Will was silent for a few moments. "Look. I'm not against stopping.... But nows not a good time to stop. It'll be three times harder."

"Cool." Was all I said, but then I realized that was a little douchey so I sighed and went back to my fridge to make sure I had two eggs. "While that's all good and well, if you stress smoke, stopping when you're not stressed isn't the most logical of approaches. There's no clue if you'll actually be able to continue not smoking when you're stressed again,"

"But in all honesty, I don't think I'd be able to stop now,"

"And that's exactly the problem," I mumbled as I grabbed all the ingredients, then reached for my measuring cups and a mixing bowl.

"But it's not like that,"

"I'm sure it's not, Will. Just. It's whatever. I told you. I'm done talking about it right now,"

"Why are you the one that gets to decide when we're done fighting?"

I shrugged my shoulders, even though I knew he couldn't see the action. "You could've stopped too, but you never do,"

"Because that's not how fights work, Nico, they don't end till everyone comes to an agreement."

"I want you to quit, you don't want to quit, at least not now, which is literally the issue, and completely contradictory to what you said earlier about how you can stop whenever you want. That's where we stand. We both don't wanna budge, bickering isn't gonna do either one of us any good." I began mixing the ingredients, truly putting all my frustration into the batter in front of me.