22. Doing something stupid right now.

Chapter twenty-two - Doing something stupid right now. 

Hadrian has to get back to the Burrow to avoid raising suspicion on where and who he actually is. Dumbledore kidnapped Hadrian from his home when he was a baby and wiped his memories of when he was younger. He replaced them with falsified memories of when he was younger with Lily and James. Hadrian joined his father's side when he discovered who he really was but because of his upbringing, he doesn't agree with what his father has done because he knows what it is like to be the victim of unjustified pain. 

AND THAT IS WHAT YOU MISSED ON ADRIFT. 

Hermione bit her lip as she stared out of the window, she was sitting on the window sill in Ron's room. Ron leant on the door opposite her. He wasn't looking at her but focussing instead on the fish tank which cut through the silence with odd bubbly sounds exploding from its inhabitants.

After a few more moments of silence, Hermione abruptly swung her face around to meet Ron's eyes.

"Ron." She said Ron sighed loudly,

"Yes?"

"He will be back right?" She said, panic lacing her speech.

"Yes, Hermione. It's not like him to disappear forever." Ron said, trying to calm Hermione down.

"But, what if this time, he got captured, and tortured? Oh god, what if he was killed?" Hermione asked, her eyes wide like a deer caught in headlights.

"Hermione, calm down. If he was caught it would be plastered on the front page of the Prophet in bold letters," He walked over to her raising his hands, "HARRY POTTER: THE-BOY-WHO-DIED." He said, waving his hands in a bow motion as if the title were hovering over his head.

Hermione rolled her eyes, glancing out at the darkness of the night, only a few stars had emerged from transparency tonight. They were meekly lighting up so Mrs. Weasely had hung up a few paper lanterns with a flick of her wand to float around on the yard as Charlie, Bill, Fred and Goerge stood outside. They were talking quietly with each other, gesturing every know and then.

"Reckon they're talking about Harry?" Ron asked, leaning over Hermione to look at the window.

"No, I bet they're talking about Dumbledore and his oh-so-great plan." Hermione scoffed.

"You say it like You-Know-Who is any better. What did he do? He practically killed Neville's parents, he actually killed Harry's, he must have killed dozens more too. I mean, his name wasn't given to him because it sounds cool." Ron argued.

"Maybe there are no good guys in this story," Hermione said, barely audible.

"No good guys? We have Harry! This isn't a two-sided battle." Ron said, "It's never that simple."

"You mean it's not black and white?" Hermione asked, at Ron's clueless face, "Muggle saying, sorry."

"Yeah, I mean, we don't have to pick a side, Dumbledore or You-Know-Who." He said softly.

"Harry's side, he'll know what to do. When he gets back-"

"Come on, he'll insist on Dumbledore, he trusts him blindly. If Dumbledore asked Harry to kill Crookshanks because your cat is some bad omen Harry would do it without a second thought." Ron said, flopping onto his bed.

"So, we convince him Dumbledore is wrong. Harry is slightly oblivious, I mean. He's smart but oblivious." Hermione said, holding back a small smile.

"Slightly oblivious? Harry's a blank slate. It's like Dumbledore erased everything on him and wrote exactly what he needed to see, feel or hear." Ron said.

Hermione gasped softly and jumped from the window sill.

"Ron you red-headed genius!" She practically shouted.

"Wha-?"

"You ever realised? Harry is practically a weapon, Dumbledore just types in his orders and Harry will follow. Dumbledore did something to Harry! Like, um, in second year what happened to Lockhart? Dumbledore wiped Harry's memories and replaced them, with what he wanted Harry to remember." Hermione said, spouting off facts.

Ron stared at Hermione for a few seconds. Before closing his eyes and rubbing his temples with his fingerprints.

"Okay, say what you're saying is true, that Harry isn't actually Harry. Which, one: really odd and two: very improbable. You would be saying that my best mate, isn't who he says he is?" Ron said. "What if he knows? What if he knows that he's been lying to us for the past three years? Some master plan of Dumbledore?" Ron said, immediately pointing out the cons to their situation.

"Yes, but what if he doesn't know? Let's say he doesn't know?" Hermione argued.

"Hermione, no way this could be true. No way. It's far too complicated? Why would Dumbledore go this far? What motive could he have?" Ron said.

"Maybe wiping out the Dark side?" Hermione asked, "I mean, Harry was always destined to be a weapon. Maybe that's it?"

"So the dark side is technically You-Know-Who and his Deatheaters," Ron said.

"Like a mafia boss and his capos," Hermione said,

"What?"

"Well, technically, if you think about it, Dumbledore and Voldemort are similar. Dumbledore has the teachers and well a bunch of people to go after Voldemort and Voldemort has his death eaters to go after him. However, they all have a main weapon. Dumbledore has Harry, but what does Voldemort have?" Hermione asked.

"Nagini?" Ron guessed.

"I guess so, so if we weaken their main weapons maybe, they won't have what they need to take over the Wizarding world," Hermione said.

"Are you trying to say we 'weaken' Harry?" Ron asked.

"Well no, if we can prove that Dumbledore is bad to Harry, then he won't want to fight for him, right? That would weaken Dumbledores one weapon." Hermione said.

"But what if Harry tries to fight for You-Know-Who?" Ron asked.

"I don't know, Voldemort, um, killed his parents right. Isn't that already big enough of a reason to stay away?" Hermione asked.

"Well, you know Harry, he acts on impulse. He sees one thing wrong, he'll switch sides in a heartbeat." Ron argued.

"True, what if we showed him what was wrong with both sides."

"I'm fairly certain he knows what's wrong with You-Know-Whos side," Ron said, a small chuckle escaping him.

"Why don't we just focus on what is up with Dumbledore for now. I'm sure he won't go to Voldemorts side." Hermione said, looking at Rons slightly incredulous face, "Even if he does, he will explain it to us, and we will support him."

"In joining the Dark side," Ron said, pursing his lips.

"Ron, remember, there is no 'dark' side. Both sides are equally terrible." Hermione said.

"I just hope he won't do anything stupid," Ron responded.

"Oh please, it's Harry. 'Doing something stupid right now, but it might turn out well so I'm going to do it.' should be his motto." Hermione laughed.