18. What a disappointing death.

Chapter  Eighteen - What a disappointing death.

REALLY important Authors note at the bottom. I mean, it's kinda really important sort of. 

He had been walking for ten minutes when he decided he was bored and he didn't like it here. It was rapidly getting darker, the stars shone brightly and the moon was wearing a smile a bright crescent of light glowing from the sky. Rolling his eyes Hadrian dropped to the ground tired of the silent noises the creatures of the night spoke.

Licking his lips he decided he had waited far too long and he carefully watched the moon, before stepping into a looming shadow underneath a tree that curled to the sky. However, before he could shadow step he let out an ear-piercing shrill scream as pain spiralled from his chest. It shot through every vein in his body like lightning shocking every nerve and cell, they shrivelled away letting the pain overtake his brain.

He pulled himself off of the object that had impaled him, stumbling to the flour he clutched the bleeding wound with his hand as he pointed his wand before him tears spilling from his eyes. Surprised he saw a branch in the spot where he had been impaled, drenched in blood that dripped to the floor.

The magnificent tree then moved, the notches in its bark opened to yellow blood-shot eyes that angrily stared at him, the branch curling away from Hadrian back to the side of the tree.

"What in the name of Merlin is this shi-" Hadrian swore, the pumping blood flowing through his body. It was a tree, a living tree, which meant he had just been stabbed with wood. Oh Lord, he was going to die a bloody wimp lying by a flipping tree with a stab wound the size of London in his chest.

"You ... harmed ... forest." The tree roared his deep voice reverberating through the night silence of the forest.

"Ngh, sorry," Hadrian said, realising through gritted teeth with a shock what this tree meant. He had killed the hare and doe. He clenched his eyes shut and squeezed his shirt, around the stab wound. "I needed to eat." He explained softly, looking up through blurred eyes at the looming tree figure.

He could feel the wood poison running through his veins, I mean, he would die already by a wand stab by a full branch? Not only was he going to die, but he was also going to die in a lot of pain. He groaned as he felt the poison reaching his brain and squeezing his body painfully. The tree hadn't stabbed his heart but definitely had aimed for it. He had probably punctured his right lung. Hadrian had as luck would have it completely recharged his powers after healing the creature at the bottom of the lake. He had felt calmer and stronger after being given the odd armband.

He thus managed to not breathe -- vampires didn't necessarily need to breathe but Hadrian was a new vampire -- and stay calm. Hoping this would buy him the time he needed to get somewhere that would save him. He scrambled away from the withered arms of the tree that were reaching out to him.

"Need ... eat?" The tree asked confused, he had assumed Hadrian was one of the hunters that came to kill his animals cruelly.

"I'm a new vampire, I get thirsty. I'm sorry." Hadrian apologized, not that it would matter, the pain was doubling in his brain and he was going to die soon anyway. Imagine that, the Boy-Who-Lived killed at 15 by a tree. Neat.

"Bloodsucker... new." Tree stated pointed at Hadrian with a knarled finger. Hadrian squeezed the handful of dirt under his fingers hoping the pressure would stop the pain rippling through his body. It felt ten times worse than the beatings of Vernon, gosh, he had already suffered so much, couldn't the world give him a bloody break with the pain?

He felt his eyelids flutter shut, is this what it felt like to die? His body suddenly accelerated up and he thought confused, does God seriously send you up to heavens like it is a U.F.O. beaming down for a cow?

That was the day that Hadrian Tom Riddle died a gruesome and painful death. Aged 15 living the fake life of the Chosen One pretending to love the light when in fact he was as dark as obsidian.

What a disappointing death.

You would assume a more extravagant death for such a powerful being.

What a shame of story building isn't it?

Sorry for ending it here

Sorry for ending it here. It just seemed like the perfect place. The next few chapters will not be told by Hadrian's point of view (from the 3rd perspective, I mean) like, what he's experiencing sorta. 

Cheers.