You gasped in response, and luckily enough Bakugou knew how to use his wits. He took refuge behind the alleyway's dumpster, and tapped his hand onto the floor in search of something useful. 'Damn it! I thought that grenade would buy us enough time! [Y/N], you idiot! You shouldn't have hesitated!'

He lifted up a piece of glass and held it up, checking for Dabi's reflection. His attention was too fixated on him, and maybe he didn't even notice you in the first place.

You yourself kept a low profile and covered your mouth, trembling profusely. What should you do?? Help him? You pinched your eyes closed. Bakugou was in danger, and so were you. After all, Dabi could've easily ignite you in flames. And so, you decided to listen to reason, not words. You took a frantic glance to a rusty pipe that idled on the ground, grabbing onto it in slight determination. 

You've lost count on how many times Bakugou has saved you, and how many times he's tried tried to kill you. Your relationship with him was awfully complicated, that was a well-known fact; for you've been through so much trauma. However it was in times like these where you had to return the favor.

Advancing in a quiet manner, you held your breath. The pipe in your hand was cold and made you shiver, but what really set you off was the fact that you neared the other individual. He initially planned to send another wave of flames toward your childhood friend, though it all went south upon feeling something unusual creeping in on him.

About to turn around, you were shocked to see his movements and even felt fearful at that moment. Relinquishing your confidence you lowered the pipe in your hand, already convinced that it was over for you. Dabi halted, and so did you, hearing a clank coming from Bakugou's hiding spot. 

Was he... trying to be a distraction?

Gulping, you silently watched as Dabi's attention returned ahead of him, giving you yet another opportunity to strike. You squeezed your eyes closed once more, allowing your body to take control and swing as hard as you could. You felt the metal vibrate immensely on impact, and heard the male ahead of you hit the floor in a pained grunt. 

"S.. Sorry..." You whispered apologetically, throwing the object right beside him. Eventually Bakugou came out of hiding, a smirk manipulating his lips. "Good job, [Y/N]." He then gestured for you to follow, and you did so feeling a hint of guilt. 

You and the male made it down the long and narrow space, cutting a few more corners in order to evade the authorities. The running was like it was never-ending. Bakugou never even gave you the opportunity to stop and catch your breath either, until he thought the two of you were far enough. 

Back to the wall, you panted heavily, sweat drenching the collar of your patient uniform. Bakugou sat against the ground beside your standing figure, wiping his face using his backhand. Where the two of you were was located beneath a cemented bridge, and ahead of you was the remains of a river which was dried out to completion. 

After a while of silence and regaining energy, Bakugou pushed his legs up to his chest, resting one of his elbows against his knees. "A long day, huh?" He started, sneaking his red irises over at you. You pressed your hand against your stomach, avoiding his stare. "Yes.. especially for me.." You muttered, audible enough to his ears.

Bakugou sighed, staring up and above as he fixed his vacant hand onto his injured side. He'd wince, quietly fighting back the pain so he wouldn't have to concern you. Meanwhile you sat down as well, allowing things to get as silent as a mouse.

"..."

"You know, you could've ran off while you had the chance. So why didn't you?" Bakugou looked down. "It's been... bothering me..."