( Ambushed )

|1 more day until your birthday.

The following morning, you got up later than the rest of the students. It didn't take much effort for the word to spread about the latest tragedy regarding your step father.

Aizawa, your homeroom teacher, principal Nezu, and the other staff among UA understood the emotional struggle you were going through, so your tardiness was excused. About to enter the classroom, your lips dreadfully petted together.

Regretting your decision immediately, you considered the gruelling day ahead of you, chomping down your mood even further.

In the moments you slid open the door, a brief, yet loud noise frightened you to your core, it was like being silenced by a muffled grenade. Blinking, you noticed party streamers floating around your lonesome self, and eventually it occurred to you that there were other class 1-A students crowding around your figure as well.

They looked eager, admittedly... and exchanged glances with one another before Hagakure finally shook her arms frantically. "One.. Two.. -" A few students perked up, storming up to you even more with dazzling eyes, prancing with excitement.

"Happy Birthday, [Y/N]~!"

They all shouted in unison. You looked extremely puzzled. Pausing a second for your mind to catch up with your words, a nervous feeling churning in your stomach. With this sort of surprise, you should've felt immense happiness, but there was...

Something off about today.

Sweat gingerly rolled down your cheek, attempting to speak until Iida cut you between. "We are all aware that your birthday is not today." He pushed up his glasses, "But Midoriya informed us about your upcoming absence, which is why we decided to throw your party today instead."

You looked over to your childhood friend with freckles, who immediately looked away from you, urging a flare of agitation. Nonetheless, you turned back to the crowd, smiling warmly. To be honest, this party was something you needed to relieve your tiring emotions. "Thank you, everyone."

There was a dark shadow that suddenly inched closer to you, taking form of a menacing bird with sharp, glowing yellow eyes. Between it's beak, looked to be a nice gift, perfectly wrapped just for you. "Please, help yourself and accept this gift, [L/N]." Said Tokoyami.

You smiled lightly, a little flustered to the gift handed to you. And to your surprise, it wasn't only this individual, but the others as well. They had bombarded you with gifts, and the only ones who hadn't handed your own were your two closest friends.

Aoyama looked to Midoriya, dazzling with sparkles that never once failed to surround his figure. He leaned close to him, his hues seeping with curiosity. "Aren't you going to give that to her?" He mentioned, aiming his focus onto the small satchel now frantically tumbling in the other's hands.

"Wh-What?! Of course I am!" Stuttered Midoriya, attempting to conceal the present behind his back. His freckled cheeks went red, though it wasn't out of it's typical love, it was out of anxiousness.

He looked over to your being, surrounded by everyone else, somewhat guilty for what went on inside his heart. 'I've been wanting to tell her, but..-' Eyes widening as he shifted forward, the impact of his shoulder being hit by another's earned his attention. "Oh, sorry.."

Bakugou, who was the cause of their slight collision, scoffed and proceeded with angry steps toward the commotion, with his own confession in mind. "Move it." He commanded to Kaminari, meanwhile the electro-boy himself brought himself aside with an agitated expression. "Does it kill you to show some manners?"