Chapter Twenty-One . . . The Return Of Jackson

Start from the beginning

"That's horrible." Carrie said and came over to me hugging me tightly.

"It's fine, I'm fine." I lied. I felt used and tramatized.

"No, your not Kristine. You don't have to lie anymore, tell us how you really feel." Tina said seriously and I was surprised that she came right out with it.

"Well, you want to know how I really feel, I'm ashamed and I want to crawl in hole and never come out." I said like it was nothing.

"Honey, you can't think like that, you didn't do anything wrong, you never have done anything wrong."

"I know, I know, but what if Tyler decides one day that he can't be with a freak, scarred, mess up girl like me. It will crush me." I admitted and felt good about getting it off my chest.

"I think I know my son, and I can tell you that he means it when he says he loves you." Tina said.

"I agree, with my mom on this one Kristine. I have never seen him look at girl like he looks at you." Jessica said, agreeing with her mother.

"But why me?" I said standing up. "I'm so broken and weak." I ran hand through my hand and sighed.

"You know you are only going by what your dad said to you, but you are not broken and you are not weak. Kristine, you have been taking care of two small children when you were a child yourself! Those scars on your body are not a sign of weakness but of strength. It says, My name is Kristine Winchest, I have been through hell and back don't mess with me." I laughed at Tina's last couple of words. Suddenly the door bell rang. Who would be coming to this house so late?

"You know what, I'll get it." I said and got up to answer the door, then I was thinking what if it was the principle? The police? My dad?

I began panicking as I got to the door and peeked outside of the window to find that it wasn't the principle, or the police, or my dad, but it was that kid Jackson. The guy from school who pushed me on the ground? What was he doing here.

I opened up the door and stared at him   "Hey Kristine, how are you?"

"Jackson, what the hell are you doing here?" I demanded and instanly he pulled about a dozen red roses from behind his back and smile.

"I really wanted to apologize for what happened at school. I didn't mean to do that I just get really angry sometimes you know, and I-"

"What's wrong with your eye?" I asked cutting him off. His left eye was darkly bruised and swollen almost completely shut.

"Well, you see." Jackson sighed. "That's what happened. My dad he uh- he hits me and my mom. The day I pushed you he attacked my mom and I couldn't help her." He looked down at his feet. "I was really upset and I didn't mean to do it."

"It's okay Jackson, just don't let it happen again, okay. I know what it's like to be abused but still that is no reason to hurt people."

"I know, and I'm sorry." He handed me the flowers and I took them with a smile.

"Thank you they are beautiful."

"Yeah well I wanted to make it up to you." I was about to say something but was quickly interrupted when a car pulled into the driveway with squealing tires.

"I'm sorry Jackson, but I have to go." I ran and met up with Tyler who was out of breath. "Tyler, what is it?"

"Mr. Brolin?" I heard from Jackson and turned around quickly and back to Tyler.

"Hello, Jackson. Uh, Miss Winchester I've been looking for you the police found your dad." My heart froze with fear then began beating real fast.

"Kristine, what is he talking about?" I looked at Jackson.