Chapter 20: Bon Voyage!

Start from the beginning

".........beneficiary. Therefore I shall in good honor of generations past." Thankfully, no singing, yet.

"Um, what?"

"Ah you are a bad listener in addition to being filthy sir. Why don't you get an extra pair of ears while you are at it."

"What?" Well it was still annoying.

"You gave me freedom. I owe you a debt. The clan Cackle does not take debts. We repay them in full. So I will serve you till I have repaid it."

"Ah no no. There is no debt. Please fly away. Go back to your home or whatever. I am sure your folks miss you."

"Definitely not! I am a proud member of the clan Cackle. Pure blood of 5 generations. We don't keep debts as I said."

"But I don't need you for anything. Besides don't you have an aspiration to be a singer? Don't you want to go somewhere else for that?"

"That is true. But dreams can wait. This Cackle shall honor his debts first."

"Why! As I said there is no debt. Even if there was, there is no reason to stay...you can resolve your debts some other day...like maybe next year."

"Oh no. The Cackle fatherlord said. We resolve our debts then and there. And we do not leave till we do."

'Now how do I get rid of this thing!!'

"So what do you have to do to resolve your debt? Like one favor and your done?" Maybe he could get rid of it another way.

"Laws of the Cackle clan state, I shall have to serve you for 10 new moons."

"Wait, that's almost like 10 months. You have to serve me for 10 months?!"

"Ah that proves it. You have an addled brain sir. In what world does the new moon happen ten times in ten months?"

"Eh...Oh!" Raka, like most people had assumed the game world was the same as the real world atleast with respect to the moon and stuff. Well more than assume, he hadn't cared about it.

"So when does the new moon happen?"

"Once a year. Everyone knows that. Ah life...its misery and the beauty of the moon...."

"Stop! Don't sing!" Raka shouted.

The parrot did stop. Guess the key was to do a preemptive strike before the bomb dropped.'That was close. I will have to keep listening to its words carefully. But still once a year..!!!'

"Um that would be like 10 years! Are you sure you did not get your law wrong? Maybe you heard it wrong?"

"Ofcourse not. The Cackle clan prides itself on its perfect memories."

"Really? Then how were you captured?"

"Ah...I got lost while going home and landed on a ship to spend the night. The next thing, I was in a cage!"

"So you forgot your way home. What's with perfect memories!"

"Do not belittle the Cackle clan, filthy addlebrained sir! Even the best Cackle makes mistakes."

"Seriously! Anyways what is this Cackle clan you are talking about?"

"Ah forgetful too aren't you sir! Allow me to introduce myself again. I am Sir Squaky Nobbington Poppington Cackle the sixth."

"Squaky? Seriously?!"

"Ah if the name is too much for your forgetful self, you may address me as Sir Pop Cackle the sixth!"

'Ridiculous!' On so many levels. But anyways he didn't have time for it today.

"Alright...Pop Cackle....whatever. I will be gone for the next two days. If you wish to leave you can do so. Or please do anyway. I have left some food for monkey, if you want to eat."