Chapter One

[name]'s footsteps echoed louder and louder as she walked around the halls of the academy. They twisted their torso around. They absorb in the surroundings around them, which is mostly just the glass windows and grey walls of the walkway but still, it's the feel of it they're taking in.

[name] took another turn, wondering if it was worth the risk to ask where their class was. That was until they stood by a gigantic door with a sign that says '1-I'

"That's one big door" [name] mutters, pushing their way into the classroom.

Inside [name] sees their classmates speaking in groups of 6, scattering around the classroom. Obviously getting to know each other for the school year.

[name] walked further. Dropping down unto their seat, the teenager finally let out a sigh. They could enjoy the tranquility while it lasted, knowing from here on out its only going to get on flappy bird levels of stress. Knowing U.A.'s reputation, [name] can only emotionally prepare themselves from what's yet to come.

"Aren't you a pretty one!" [name] whipped their head around to find a cat-eared female with brown twin braids tied to form loops on both sides on her head. Said girl grinned wider when she got [name]'s attention. Showing off straight teeth and fangs, her cat like eyes narrowing in delight.

Cat-girl hops off the desk she was sitting on, and thrusts out her hand.

"Hiya! My name's Nabi Hyeri!" She says in high-pitched enthusiasm, "What's yours?"

Ah, [name] was hoping not to get much attention this year, but how can they with a quirk like theirs.

"[Last name][First name]"[name] says, taking Nabi's hand and shaking it slightly. Hoping the other wasn't planning anything with her quirk.

Nabi blinked, and cocked her head to the side slightly.

"What?" [name] asks, wondering if maybe hitting their head on their bedroom wall in excitement caused a bruise somewhere in their face. "What is it? Wh- what's wrong?"

Nabi shook her head, her fanged grin coming back in full force.

"Nah, it's nothing. Don't worry about it" The cat-like girl says, waving her hand as if she was shoo-ing away [name]'s insecurities. "You should worry about me not leaving you cause' I know you and I are gonna be the best of friends!"

[name] smiles, they know this piece of the story before. A bubbly, friendly go-lucky person outright announces their relationship as best friends. They wonder where they went, and why they kept disappearing to.

"Should I really be worried?" [name] asks, moving their body so they could be facing Nabi.

Nabi laughed, tail flickering happily then sticked her tongue out to her companion.

"That-" Nabi grinned as she struck her hips out, "Is for you to find out!"

Before [name] could think of a witty retort, the classroom door opened. Letting in a tall woman with paper-white hair tied cleanly in a bun, her pale skin compliments her grey eyes as the clicking of heels followed her as she walked across the room to her desk; Her light blue trench coat tying the whole look together.

Immediently, everyone scattered. Including Nabi, who threw herself over [name]'s desk and to the other side in one swift move, barely kicking another student in the face. And went down to sit at the chair behind [name].

"Did you really have to do all that?" Name mutters, leaning in so Nabi could hear her. Their question remains unanswered as their homeroom teacher, who seemed unfazed, started the introduction.

"My name is Kami Ninaru," she says, her posture straight and her pale blue eyes boring intensely at the students. As if she was evaluating them this very moment, "I will take the role as your home-room teacher for your first year here at U.A."

Excited whispers and awed murmurs came as soon as Miss Kami ended her sentence.

"Alright, I know you're all excited. But calm down." Miss Kami reminded, "We have a lot of preparation to do today, so let's keep this orderly and tidy."

This is it, the first task of many to come. [name] felt excitement rush through their veins. They could feel it radiating through Nabi in front of her, as well as several other students.

It might be from the rumours and gossip everyone has about U.A that kept them on their toes, or maybe it's from the atmosphere of greatness and determination that the school seem to have, or perhaps it was from the fact they didn't want to fall behind in the shadows of every other potential students. But whatever it was, it made them sit at the edge of their seat. Plus ultra and all that anyway.

"You're going to introduce yourself and your quirk in front of the whole class." Ninaru stated, ignoring the disappointed slump of her students. "It's a simple thing really," she shrugged

"Man," a blue haired student groans, holding his head in his hands with a bored expression, "I knew it, the hero course is going to get all the exciteme-"

slap!

The rest of the students turned to stare at the once-bored boy in shock. A pink squared mark blooming on his cheek and stunned confusion on his eyes. Flying right above his head a a thin piece of bond paper. Whirling and twirling without a shame in the world.

'That must be someone's quirk!' [name] thought, looking up to the paper in more ways than one.

"Why don't I begin first, hm?" Ninaru says, her bangs now missing from her forehead. Indignation covered her face like a blanket, her anger alone bringing the students' attention back to her. "As I said, My name is Ninaru Kami, age 29 and the homeroom teacher of class 1-I"

Ninaru begins to walk through the space between the desk aisles, demanding the eyes and ears of her students,

"I teach the business course, A course that shouldn't be deluded as 'boring' or 'useless'" She hisses the words in spite, "I admit that the hero course might get a lot of the spotlight, might even hog it all up but the tech support and management works magic behind the scenes." Ninaru turns, walking behind the the desks now.

"Everyone has role in this society. Just because you didn't get recognition doesn't disprove of the work you had done. Numbers, words, documents; every political and business-like detail that holds up the pillars of an agency. That's what we do in the management course."

Miss Ninaru stood right where she started,

"You don't have to be a hero to create a difference in the world."

The class sat in silence. The blue-haired boy who caused all this sank down on his seat in embarrassment. A plethora of emotions filled the air; shame, guilt, wonder, awe, passion.

The teacher sighs, the piece of paper floating back to her forehead, slowly turning back to white silk hair.

"My apologies, just think of this as a work interview. I'll give you five minutes"