Chapter 20: The Bombers

MINHO'S POV
Time: 16 03
Time of detonation: 16 30
27 minutes to detonation
Bombs to place: 30

We have thirty bombs to install. We each have six bombs tasked to us. For now, they're dormant, but the moment we trigger the timer, they'll be active.

My bag weighs down on my shoulders, and when I look over at Quill, she's shucking pale and everything.

We both will need to stick together for this, yet we have different points to place the bombs at.

While Curtis, Trevor and Dylan will be going into the first floor to place bombs, me and Quill will be setting up the bombs at the basement carpark, which basically holds up the building.

We need to move quickly. I find a pillar and pull out one of the black devices from my pack. As I set it against the wall, it sticks to it, and the screen lights up red. Quickly, I insert 4.30p.m into the bomb, and the countdown begins at 24 minutes.

Glancing at the pillar across from me, I see Quill doing the same.

We move on to a pillar away from the previous one and repeat the action. I'm halfway through when the timer starts reading 18 minutes.

I curse softly and start moving faster, quickly inserting the time and making sure the bombs are hidden well enough.

On my last one, the timer reads 13 minutes.

Quill runs up to me, licking her lower lip. "Done?" She asks.

I nod. "Let's get out of here."

Our bombs have been strategically placed all around the carpark so that when they go off, the building will topple.

It almost seems too easy.

Of course, right after I think that, a knife is flung at me.

"Minho!" Quill yells, shoving me down. We both go falling as the knife embeds itself into the pillar behind us.

Quill quickly rolls off of me and pulls out the gun that Rhea had gotten for her. She and I hide behind a pillar, and my breathing starts coming out quicker.

"Who was it?" I ask.

"Remember Group 5A? That's one of their members," Quill mutters.

I groan. Group 5A was an elite group in WICKED, tasked to protect WICKED and to conduct their dirty work. They were the ones who "killed" Rhea. To say that I hate them would be an understatement.

I look around for a weapon and find a tin can lying around. I reach over and pick it up, as another knife comes flying. This one harmlessly sails past us and hits the pillar.

I glance past the pillar and see one of the girls from the group coming at us. I chuck the tin can at her, and she seems momentarily confused.

In that time, Quill reaches over and fires twice at her.

One misses, the other catches the girl in the leg. She lets out a yell, falling to her knee, clutching her thigh.

I run over to the girl and steal her knives, though I have no idea how to use them. I see a gun on her, though, and take that too.

"Thank you," I say sarcastically before Quill swings her gun down at her. The girl is knocked unconscious, and her body slides to the ground.

Quill purses her lips. "Do we leave her here to bleed out?"

I frown. On one hand, this crazy lady tried to kill us. On the other, she's probably been brain washed by WICKED.

"I have an idea," I say, glancing at my watch. Eight minutes left. "Wait here!" I shout, running off.

I run all the way back to the WICKED truck that we'd taken here, and I jump into the driver's seat. Gally left the key inside, and I quickly start the car.

"Okay, I can drive," I tell myself, before I start the car towards Quill.

I make a rather sharp turn and bring the car up to her, tires screeching as I break. "Got our ride," I yell, getting out of the driver's seat to help her haul the girl into the backseat.

Quill had taken her scarf and tied it above the girl's wound to stop the bleeding, but the blood is still getting everywhere.

I run back to the driver's seat as Quill gets into the passenger seat.

I get the car moving, not knowing where the hell im supposed to go.

"Do you even know how to drive this thing?" Quill asks, sounding panicked as she grips the sides of her seat.

I scoff. "How hard can it shucking be?"

"Minho we have five minutes left!"

"Shuck it," I mutter, not bothering to look for an exit anymore. I see an opening at the carpark and I bring the car through it, pressing hard on the accelerator. "Where are we going?" I shout.

"Circle around!" Quill replies, "We have to get to the berg!"

I really hope that the others are on their way there now. Hopefully the rest of Group 5A isn't causing them any trouble.

The Right Arm seems to have done its job. There's no one anywhere near WICKED. I wonder how they did it.

It makes a clear path for me, though, so I push the stupid van to go faster. The borders are right in front. I glance at my watch. Three minutes left.

I bring the car out of the borders of Denver. There, the berg is waiting for us.

I have no idea who's in or who's not, but I stop the car, quickly getting out. Quill opens the back door and I help her pull the girl out by under her arms.

Slinging one of those arms around us each. We walk as fast as we can up into the berg.

Our Mission is complete. We just have to hope that the others are done too.