Anne Boleyn- Elizabeth (c)

Six The Musical One Shot

Cooing at the infant in your arms, you sung a lullaby that your mother had sung to you when you were a baby. It was one of the easiest ways to get Elizabeth to calm down and seen as she had a good pair of lungs on her and was highly emotional, able to sob for hours without breaking, you were just glad to make her stay restful for even just a moment.

"You're good with her."

The voice from the doorway caught you off guard, making you jump, holding onto the baby so you didn't drop her. Turning around you saw the Queen, the mother of the young princess in your arms whom you cared for.

"Milady," you said breathlessly. "You gave me a fright."

"My apologies, I thought you would be on your break. I visit my daughter most days when she is napping," she explained.

"I'm sorry, milady. She was being fussy and wouldn't go down for a nap, so I've been trying to get her to settle."

Anne nodded her head. "You are far better with her than I am. She seems to sob whenever I hold her. You seem liked a natural."

You smiled at her before looking down at her daughter. As a nanny to the infant, it was important that you were able to settle her. Even though Elizabeth wasn't your own child, you treated her like it and loved her with all of your heart. You were in charge of watching the King's elder daughter too but seen as she was eighteen, she needn't need constant care as the young princess did.

"It's my job," you smiled. "I wouldn't be very good if I couldn't soothe her."

"I am her mother, surely I should be able to as well," she said sadly.

"Not always," you said, trying to comfort her. "My youngest sister would always cry for my mother, but for me, she would settle straight away. My other siblings were fine with my mother, but each child is different. You might just not know how to settle her; each child can be so different."

She paused, a weak smile on her lips. "Would you be able to teach me?"

You nodded your head. You handed her, her baby, helping her with how to hold her and telling her everything you do to keep Elizabeth calm. The baby stirred a little at first but with your advice, Anne was able to keep her calm, smiling down at her daughter.

"Thank you," she smiled softly. "I truly appreciate everything you do for my daughter."

"You're welcome, milady," you smiled back. "She's a wonderful child."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.