Veronica Sawyer- One Of The Heathers (c)

Heathers The Musical One Shot

You were used to sitting by the bins, the table for the lowest of the low, the people who even the nerds bullied; you were not used to having to sit there alone. Usually you had Veronica, your best friend since grade school, to sit with you and pretend the hierarchy of Westerberg High didn't matter, no matter how much people's cruel words hurt you. Veronica and you were always together, until she came to be offered a place with the almighty rulers of the student body- The Heathers.

She was the newest member of their little group, blazer, and all. Looking at her wasn't like looking at your childhood friend who talked shit about the three Heathers, it was like looking at one of them.

As you had gotten used to over the last few weeks, you took your seat by the dumpsters alone. You tried to keep your head down, to eat your lunch in peace before one of the popular kids decided to give you hell. Before you could even take your first bite, you saw the blue skirt, you had wished to see at your table. Looking up, there stood Veronica, a smile on her face.

She looked so different. She looked beautiful, not that she didn't before but it was a different kind. Without her long skirts and old cardigans, it was weird to see her in such form fitting clothing, her hair far more tamed as well.

"Hey Y/N," she smiled.

"Veronica," you smiled back.

Even if she was now one of the Heathers, you had missed her so much. You were used to spending every second of the school day with her and even spending Friday nights together, but over the last few weeks you had barely seen her, let alone spent time with her.

"I'm sorry that I've not been around much, it's been hectic," she apologised.

"I've seen. Must be hard having people kiss your arse all day, whilst being the secretary of the makeup mafia," you said sarcastically. "They are so cruel to everyone how can you be friends with them?"

She gave you an apologetic smile.

"I'm sorry. It was a chance to be able to survive senior year without a fear of being beaten up constantly. I thought I could make a change to this school if I had them getting me to the top," she said softly.

You shook your head. The Heathers weren't stupid, they wouldn't let her change the run of the school, they'd throw her out with the trash as soon as she tried.

"The only thing that is going to change is you."

With that you rose to your feet, leaving your tray on the table and walking away from her. As long as she continued to let them bully people and pretended to like them, you couldn't be her friend. It was a hard decision but it was one that you would have to make and just hope that Veronica came to her senses and revoked her role as one of the Heathers.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.