2✨

Miya's POV

Waking up in the middle of the day is something I've missed. It's been about a week of me waiting for a job.

I yawned, opening up my laptop to check for any emails from the places I applied to. And noticed one pop up. It was a writing company down town, about 30 minutes away from were I live. JacksonWriting Co.

Reading the email I realized the interview was at 1:30 pm and right now it was 12:45 pm. I rushed to take a shower and styled my hair the way I wanted. I picked out my outfit for the interview.

I wore a black blouse with a floral pencil skirt that reached my knees and wore black strapless heels. I applied some lip gloss, sprayed some perfume and texted Julie.

Miya: Omw to an interview 😅🤞🏽

I grabbed my purse and I took my umbrella just incase it rained today. My phone alerted me of a text.

Julie: You got this girl! Good luck 🌬🍀

Miya: Thanks bestieee :)

*

I parked my car in the parking lot making my way to my possible job offer. Inside I saw the receptionist at the front desk.

"Hi, I'm here for a job interview today."

"The job interviews are being held on the 10th floor." She told me with a smile.

"Thank you."

I made my way to the elevator pressing the 10 button.

"Well, I guess this is it." I told myself

*

Ringggg

"Hey girl! How did the interview go? Did you get the job?"Julie asked me over the phone.

"No, apparently I don't meet the requirements." I responded sadly making my way to a nearby diner to get lunch.

"I'm sorry, but there are always other jobs you could get." She told me.

"Yeah, I know." I responded entering the diner and taking a seat by the front windows.

"Don't feel so down Miya we can hangout tomorrow. I gotta get back to work sorry." She told me feeling bad.

"It's ok talk to you later bye."

"What would you like to order?" a waitress asked me.

"A job." I said tiredly.

She gave a light laugh

"I'll have chicken soup with a grilled cheese sandwich" I spoke

"Alright" she told me writing down the order on a note pad and pen. "Coming right up."

The diner was fairly packed with costumers today making the environment seem warm.

The door of the diner opened causing a bell to sound. I looked up towards the door and realized it was the same guy that caught me in the rain.

He looked different than he did a week ago. He was wearing a crisp gray suit with his long hair slicked back in a semi complicated way. He looked good.

I gasped which may have been the reason he looked in my direction. I put my head down and started using my phone hoping he didn't catch me staring at him.

"Would you like me to bring you to a table?" a different waitress asked him.

"It's ok, I think I found somewhere already." he replied with his deep voice.