XII. QUARANTINED, PART 2

Start from the beginning

"Anything?" Stiles asked as Scott put his ear up against the vault door, trying to listen to the outside world.
"They're looking for us. Someone's going to have to go out there." Scott answered, looking at Stiles.
Quinn glanced at Kira and Malia, both of them trying to comfort each other. Malia seemed to be in more pain, though. Quinn could distantly hear Stiles and Scott whispering but all other sounds were drowned out as she blinked.
Suddenly all she could see was black.

She blinked again, nothing changed. Her breathing picked up, as she struggled to stand up. "Scott..." she whimpered, leaning against the wall as her head spun around the room. "Scott?! I can't see!" She exclaimed, freaking out. "Why can't I see?!" She exclaimed again, collapsing against the wall, sliding down slowly as she clenched her shaking hands. She gripped her hair.
Scott quickly ran up to her, grabbing her shoulders. "Quinn, Quinn! Look at me."
Quinn's head snapped up, "I can't, Scott! I'm fucking blind!" She felt a wave of nausea coming up and hunched over, spitting up a black liquid before lying down on the floor, her breathing heavy and irregular. She looked horrible. The virus was infecting her sooner, quicker than the rest. Her fangs were out and her eyes were constantly switching between color. Her claws weren't retracting, and dripped with black blood. Under her skin ran vague black lines as her mouth and eyes were all stained with the black blood.

Minutes later, what for Quinn felt like seconds, Malia sat up.
"Malia?" Scott questioned worriedly.
"I can't see." Malia stated, panting, "I can't see anything." And finally, the rest of them caught up with Quinn.
"What's happening to us?"
"Scott? I can't... I can't see!"
That's the last thing Quinn heard before everything felt like it was thrown under water. Every small sound was dampened, all other senses didn't get heightened either. It only felt as if a weight pushed down on her chest. She tried gasping for air, only to come up empty. She was vaguely aware of something going on around her but all Quinn could focus on was the lack of air in her lungs and the excruciating pain of the virus slowly destroying her body.

Until she could suddenly breathe again. Quinn gasped for air, the feeling of sweet relief flowing through body. But still, her body felt paralyzed.
"Someone get her up. We gotta get her to Deaton!" She heard before someone grabbed her arm and another arm wrapped around her waist, holding her up.
When Quinn opened her eyes, daylight filled her vision. She looked up. "Stiles?" She muttered at the boy holding her. As she looked up at him, she frowned and mumbled in a raspy voice,"Why're you covered in blood?"
"...It's a long story."

▢▢▢

Quinn sighed tiredly as she rubbed her eyes, lifting the heavy box through the door and putting it harshly down on the kitchen-counter. She only got back from the school and almost dying a few hours ago but she felt like she had to do this. Normally she'd completely procrastinate with such things but moving into her own apartment and not causing her aunt and cousin anymore trouble was certainly more important than not wanting to do your math homework.
It wasn't exactly large, only three rooms total. The living room and the kitchen were in the same room, making it so you could technically watch tv and eat dinner from the kitchen. In the living room were two doors, one leading to the bedroom and one leading to the bathroom. Which were both also connected, all like a big sort-of circle.

Right now, the apartment was still pretty empty. And it would stay that way, seeing as Quinn only had two boxes of stuff and two bags of clothing and the essentials.
She reached into one of the boxes and pulled out a bottle of liquor. She opened it, looking at the brown-gold-ish liquid before sighing and taking a gulp, definitely needing it after the whole 'quarantine due to werewolf killing virus' thing. Quinn put the bottle down, running a hand over her face.

"I was gonna ask if you were okay, but I think that about answers it."
Quinn quickly turned around to the open doorway, seeing Derek standing there with his usual brooding look on his face. Although Quinn caught a glint of amusement in his eyes.
"How'd you find out where I was?" Quinn asked as she gestured for Derek to come in.
"Peter told me."
Quinn scoffed. "Of course he did. Fucking snitch. Hey, remind me to kick him where the sun don't shine next time I see him." She smiled, "What're you doing here anyhow? Don't you have some... I don't know... brooding, to get to?"
Derek laughed humorlessly, "Peter actually sent me to check up on you." He crossed his arms.

"Awe, that's sweet." Quinn said, "Well, seeing as I almost died for the third time since I got back— I think, at least... I'm absolutely freakin' peachy. But you know me. Only person who gets to off me, is me... Since when do you take orders from Peter anyways?"
Derek seemed a bit panicked, but Quinn barely noticed it, "Since he asked nicely. Which doesn't happen much."
Quinn frowned but waved the confusing feeling away. "Okay. Bit weird, but okay. You do you. I was actually just about to watch Supernatural and laugh at their ridiculous interpretation of the myths. Of course, with a bottle of my finest 6 dollar-ish whiskey. Join me in self-pity?" Quinn ranted as she poured two glasses of whiskey, holding one out to Derek.
He eyed it, silently wondering if it wasn't secretly poison. He took is out of her hands and sipped it carefully.
Quinn wondered to herself why the hell she was inviting Derek Hale to watch some stupid show with her.

They each took the outer parts of the couch as Quinn turned on the tv. She glanced at Derek before pulling out her phone and texting Peter.

QUINN
Yo, dickwad

V-NECK
What?

QUINN
Why send the pup?

Too lazy yourself?

Too busy down-stairs?

You know, like in hell

V-NECK
You're hilarious

But I didn't send anybody.

Why? Who's with you?

Quinn frowned as she looked at what Peter sent before looking up at Derek who was watching Jessica burn to death on tv, sipping his drink. She cocked her head slightly to the side as she tried to figure out what was happening. Her eyes widened a bit as the corner of her mouth twitched ever so slightly.

QUINN
No one

Never mind

Quinn put down her phone and sipped her drink, barely suppressing the surprising smile that was on its way of creeping onto her face.