Chapter Twenty Seven

Start from the beginning

"And they are together tied! They will serve the country before them and live long with each other."

Jisung finally looked up. It was not a long ceremony, the party after would last days, but now... he held Minho's gaze for what seemed like eternity.

"It is sealed!"

The crowd burst into cheers. While still loud, some of the cheers had faded. Just as the princes had feared, the country was hesitating to accept the male bride of their Crown Prince.

Minho looked around as the silks fell loose and he fell into step with Jisung as they stood side by side in front of their people. They were married, just like that.

"We'll need the royal stamps," Minho murmured, staring down at the table that was being moved in front of the stairs. "Do you have yours?"

"Changbin does."

"Okay. Good," the newly wedded couple began to walk down the stairs. "You're people are not happy with me."

"They will get used to it," Jisung gritted his teeth. "After all, who can blame them?"

Minho sent a cold glare his way.

They stepped off the last stair step and moved to the table, where Master Seo had moved to hand the royal seal to Jisung, who took it.

Minho slid his ring off his finger. He glanced at Jisung, and then removed another ring from his pocket. "Wear this. It's a present," he grinned slightly so nobody else could see. "From your loving husband."

"Husband? I am the husband, who are you?"

Minho sniffed dismissively and grasped Jisung's hand. Jisung almost pulled away, but seeing as so many people were watching, he stood stiffly as Minho slid a beautiful jade ring over his finger. "Don't take it off," Minho whispered. "Or I'll have to force you to keep one on!"

Jisung was about to retort when the family members of the two young men moved around the table, a single piece of parchment sitting on the wood.

"Stamp this," Master Seo murmured. "This is the last step," he passed ink over to the princes and stepped back.

The king of the Lee Province watched as his youngest brother coated his ring with ink and pressed it down on the yellow paper.

Jisung took the ink from him and coated his own seal, before pressing it down next to Minho's. "It's done."

Minho glanced at him. Then nodded.

"Watch out!" roared a young man, in full armor as he ran into the open area from the stands of nobles. "Watch out! Protect the royals!" It was General Kim, who rushed forward with a sword. "Stop that man!"

Jisung's eyes widened as he found a man wearing a black mask standing from his seat among the spectators. He had a bow in his hands, and arrows behind his back. "How did he get in with those?" Jisung hissed, leaping forward.

Captain Kim was at his side in moments. "How did he get in?" Jisung asked again, seething mad. His protection and security had failed in front of all the royals of the Lee Province.

"Get him out of here! Take him down immediately!"

"Yes, Prince!"

"Watch it! There's more of them!" The first man taken down, more had appeared in the crowd.

Minho flinched and stepped forward, ushering his family away. "Get inside. Wait for someone to find you. Don't move," he turned back to Jisung. "You get inside too. It's not safe out here right now."