Chapter Eight - The Ship

Comenzar desde el principio

"See? I told you there is no reason to be afraid!" he said smiling, letting her go. The girl smiled back widely with her eyes closed as well, thanking him. (Y/N) ran upstairs, getting pass Jotaro, finally making it on board.

They all went upstairs, followed by the last boat's crew. While the sailors remained on the deck, the crusaders, along with Anne, decided to check the entire ship, to see if they could find any other people in there. Though, when they arrived into the control room, they were surprised to see the rudder controlling itself and nobody else being there at all.

"What's going on with this ship? There's no captain in the control room! No engender in the radio room!" Mr. Joestar exclaimed, stepping forward. "There's no-one anywhere!" However, even though they couldn't find anyone on the ghost ship, all it's gauges and machinery were working normally.

"Guys, come here!" Anne suddenly interrupted their search, pointing out another room.

In the dark room, there was an ape sitting behind the iron bars of a cage.

After looking at it for a second, Kakyoin spoke. "It's an orangutan."

Seeing the animal staring at them, made Mr. Joestar snap. "Who the hell cares about this damned ape?!"

"Mr. Joestar!" (Y/N) gasped, pointing Anne with her hand, trying to tell the old man that there were kids in there. She frowned.

Jotaro's grandfather sighed, grabbing the bridge of his nose. "Fine... Let's split up and find whoever's feeding this thing..."

The men got out of the room. When (Y/N) noticed that Anne stopped in the doorway, she turned around to see what she was waiting for. "Are you coming?" she asked the kid.

"Oh, uh, yeah..." the little girl answered, her eyes getting wider. (Y/N) noticed the terrified look on her face, but she supposed Anne was probably just afraid of the animal.

Outside, on the deck, Avdol and the rest of the crew members were trying to figure out what was the system of the ship. As Mr. Joestar looked up, he noticed that the lifting hook was moving out of nowhere. "Avdol, the sailor! Watch out!" he shouted as the hook attacked, going straight through the poor man's head and hanging him back up, from where the hook came from.

Anne shrieked, but (Y/N) didn't have enough time to run to her to make her stop looking at the hanged dead man. However, Jotaro covered the little girl's eyes with his hands. "Yare yare..." he sighed. "That isn't any way to greet someone, now is it?" the student asked around strongly.

(Y/N) sighed in relief, knowing that Jotaro covered Anne's eyes just in time. He couldn't have been that ignorant to let that little girl see what the others had to. ‘I will never get you, Jotaro...‘ she thought looking at him.

The sailors froze when they saw big drops of blood falling from their colleague's body. "No-one was touching the controls... No-one touched that lever! The crane moved all by itself, I saw it!" one of the men stated loudly. Being normal people, it would've been hard to understand about that whole situation, but the crusaders knew that they once again had to deal with an enemy Stand user.

Mr. Joestar stepped in front of them, like a leader. "Hey, don't touch any of the machinery!" he told the sailors. "If you want to live, then you'll do exactly as I tell you!" It was clearly noticeable how stressed the poor old man was. "Get into the cabin below until I tell you otherwise! Everyone!" He turned his head to (Y/N) and spoke to her much softer. "(Y/N), please go take care of the kid, alright?" The girl nodded in agreement.

Anne was the only one to object. "I am old enough to take care of myself!"

When Mr. Joestar was ready to respond angrily, (Y/N) stopped him, putting her hand up, in front of her face. "It's okay, I'll handle it." she said smiling.